lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Loading the buggy

Have any of you used the 7ft folding load ramps from Northern Tool? Picking up a 89 CC DS next week and looking at ramps. its going in a F150.

Thanks
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Loading the buggy

If you are not hauling it very far, you might find someone with a trailer or be able to rent one.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

yeah, Ive been lookin to borrow one but its getting closer and closer to the pickup date. lol. i might try uhaul. 73 total miles.

Thanks MR
Old 12-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Will it fit between the fender boxes of your F150? Is your truck a short or long bed? If short, you're looking at hauling with the tailgate down. It can be loaded with ramps into the truck bed, just not ideally. It will be steep, and it is dangerous if the ramps kick out. I have done it, but to lessen the harshness of the grade of the ramp I usually back the truck up to an incline or a ditch.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
Gwagon
Gone Wild

Club Car

truck is a longbed. Stock CC DS. Good idea on the incline/ditch idea, gonna keep that in my back pocket.

As soon as i get her home gonna do the full Monty on her, so if yall dont mind i'll be pickin yall's brains for tips...i've read so many of them already and they have been outstanding.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2014, 12:31 AM   #6
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

U haul trailer round trip is a day rate with no mileage. Around 20 bucks.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:43 AM   #7
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Do your self a favor and find a trailer to borrow or rent. Those harbor freight ramps are not that great. I bent a set doing the same exact thing your thinking of. My half ton chevy did not appreciate the golf cart in the back at all. I won't ever do it again.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:21 AM   #8
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I modified my trailer ramp/gate for my stock cart. Cart clears high center by about 1/2 inch.

ramp length 60" for 18" trailer bed height
your ramp length 84" = 25" height for same pitch

So if your truck bed is higher than 25" call U-Haul

Last edited by tag50; 12-30-2014 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: typo
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
mboger
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i use ramps and back of truck all the time just strap the ramps to the bumper of truck to keep them from slipping
mboger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I winch my cart into the back of my truck all the time. I have a Warne 3000 winch on the front of my cart. On the top of my Silverado bed, in the front I had made an aluminum bracket for a previous pickup that I owned. Well, it worked OK, but for my new Silverado I went to a metal fab place and had them bend a 1/2" piece of metal. Then I just drilled....I think 6 holes in the front and one or two in the side and now I simply hook the winch on this. The pic's below will hopefully explain it better than my yapping:

The ramps I use are from Cabela's and are 6' long. A very steep incline and I would not want to drive the cart on the truck. The winching is easy, much safer, and there is no wheel pressure or spinning being applied to the ramps for any possible kick-out of the ramp. That, plus I am controlling the winch via a 10' wired remote control. So....if something does go wrong, I'm at the side of the truck bed.....and I'll just walk away.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car