lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #1
jim fordham
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1999 DS quit running

1999 clubs car electric quit running while driving. towed home and it didnt charge but shows just over half life on battery meter. After it sat for a day it went about five feet and quit again. the motor look and sound like it want to go but it just mums and kicks little. looks like the batteries are all good.
could it be the OBC or controller or both. it just quit as i was driving. does the OBC control both the charging and the controller? and how do I check as to which one is bad?
jim fordham is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 DS quit running

Battery bar graph meters are deceptive. Put a voltmeter on the pack, what's the reading? Now try to go with the meter connected to the pack, what does the pack drop to when the cart begins to stop?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #3
jim fordham
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1999 DS quit running

so you are thinking my batteries run to low to recharge, because of bad volt bar, i guess i have never seen it below 1/2, i think i read around 40v across the hole pack
jim fordham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quit running
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car