lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2017, 09:29 PM   #1
zpaeric
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What is the purpose of the 2 microswitches on the FNR switch, and how are they wired?

I have a new to me 1987 electric EZGO Marathon. I just installed 6 new 6v batteries, and when I hooked the last one up, I got nothing. No beep from reverse, no click of the solenoid.

I have checked the reverse beeper, and cleaned some huge spider webs out, it now works. I guess its a +6v beeper because one diagram I looked at showed it getting 6v from the closest battery.

The solenoid does not click, and I have a new one on order. In the mean time I jumped it, with no motor movement at all.

I shorted the A1 S1 leads and placed 6v on A2 S2, with the cart on stands, the motor turned no problem.

I completely disassembled the accelerator switch, cleaning all contacts, and observed at least an inch left on the wiper contact. Again, no heat discoloration of the copper to indicate heat problems.

Assuming the motor is working, I expect the culprit is my FNR

I took apart the FNR switch and cleaned all of the copper contacts. They look good, no heat discoloration on any of them. I want to make sure the microswitches are wired correctly before I power this up again.

Any diagrams would be helpful.
Thanks!
zpaeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is the purpose of the 2 microswitches on the FNR switch, and how are they wi

Look at the Stickeys at the top of the page. You should find a wiring diagram. Also download the Owners, Parts, and Repair manuals.

I'm assuming you have a series cart. The two microswitches on the FNR (forward, neutral, reverse) switch serve two different purposes. One is closed - ON - when in F and R, but open - OFF - when in N. The other only closes when in R. It applies pack voltage, probably 36 volts in your case, to the backup beeper, and to the controller to limit the speed to 1/2 half what you would normally get, to make backup easier to maneuver.

A series has two circuits; one to make the solenoid engage - click, and another to make the cart go, when the solenoid has clicked. Troubleshooting is in the stickies.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO