lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New to the carting thing

Like it says I am new to carting. I have never owned one and am in the market for my RV and racing trips.

I want a good cart that can haul 4 people and be able to lift it some, nothing crazy. It will need to do a little off road stuff in the woods. I was looking at a club car but a guy told me it wouldnt fit my needs. I am trying to keep the original purchase price under 1500 if at all possible.

What would you get cheep that will do the job? I was looking at a 98 DS but was told to stear clear of it.

I know nothing really about these things and would love some advice. I dont want to go and buy something cheep only to find out its gonna cost thousands to get it to haul us adults around the campgrounds.

Thanks for your input.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to the carting thing

I'm sure others will chime in but, I will start by saying that there are two distinct kinds of speed control. Early carts used resistor coils to waste amperage and thereby regulate speed. Modern carts use solid state speed controllers that operate much more efficiently. Of the solid state controller carts there are two groups or types of motors, Series and Separately Excited or Sepex. They both have their + and - depending upon the job at hand.... okay you are on your way to choosing a cart that is right for you
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

If you are going with CLUB CAR stay away from the IQ , they are a pain to work on when they quit working, Stay away from 36 Volt, and avoid REGEN systems , so what is left ????

48 Volt DS with 6 8 volt batteries (NOT 4 12 Volt Batteries) (NO regen breaking) and it must have a controller (NO resistor Coils)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo TXT 2001 & up Series cart.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Ezgo TXT 2001 & up Series cart.
You can get em cheap and has probably the most aftermarket parts out there I think. If not the most, its close.
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Guys I found a deal to good to pass up. I am going to look at it Thursday. Its a EZ PDS. Thanks for all the info though this is a great site.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Guys I found a deal to good to pass up. I am going to look at it Thursday. Its a EZ PDS. Thanks for all the info though this is a great site.
Thanks for info but you are going to ignore it
Old 12-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not ignoring a thing I am so confused from the cryptic replys that I dont know what to get. AS I have stated I have never owned one or worked on one. I build 750 hp race motors and am just trying to understand the pros and cons but I havent got that yet.

I think you dealer guys should make a Sticky for us new guys maybe breaking down the carts. Why one is better than another and so on. It could go along way for us newbies trying to make a good purchase. If I had a list saying stay away from these if you plan to do so and so then i would not even waste my time but I feel like I have been spinning in circles looking at this stuff and havent moved forward at all.

I dont want to buy a Focus when I can get a Shelby GT500 for just a little more, understand?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
cantcatch5
Not Yet Wild

I am with you on that Spawn. I have been reading trying to figure out pros and cons of different carts to decide if I should mess with the one I have or buy another and start over but am getting more confused the more I read.

Jason
cantcatch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I under stand your pain. I purchased mine with little to no imput. One thing to think of in millions of carts are being used everday. I like the no rust on the frame. Most new carts have lots of parts avalable. What cart is the best is subject to every persons openion. I like the club car brand my self.
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car