lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries - Trojan T2 Technology question

i was buying batteries today and the saleman was saying that Trojan was cock of the walk but they started adding more fluid in place of less lead. he was saying that CC asked them to make some changes and they refused. so they went with Crown. according to him, and this is just what he said, the inside of crown bats are all machined rather than welded? idk. like i said, thats what the cart salesman told me today.
gabulldawg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I was leaning towards the Interstates when I bought batteries 3 months ago, but a dealer near me had the T-875's for $85 apiece so I jumped on em. That's like a sore weiner...can't beat it.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's a great price. Anybody know of a dealer with these prices in the SC, GA or FL area?
chris1434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
Juiceman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabulldawg83 View Post
i was buying batteries today and the saleman was saying that Trojan was cock of the walk but they started adding more fluid in place of less lead. he was saying that CC asked them to make some changes and they refused. so they went with Crown. according to him, and this is just what he said, the inside of crown bats are all machined rather than welded? idk. like i said, thats what the cart salesman told me today.
That is a false statement about Crown being not welded. Maybe he misunderstood. All Crown's plates and straps are burned together by machines. The cells are infact welded together.

I also understand that Trojans plates and straps are all burned together by hand. This is an outdated process from what I was told.
Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1434 View Post
That's a great price. Anybody know of a dealer with these prices in the SC, GA or FL area?
No but I wish I did.... And if anyone finds one, let me know. That price would be less than my dealer cost and I'm in the market for some batteries personally for my Precedent.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

yeah juiceman i didnt put TOO much stock in what that guy was saying. he seemed like some rich kid that was handed a business by daddy and never worked for a thing. i asked how much he sells his used series cars for and he said "i dont think we have any." i was standing in a sea of them during this conversation. take it all with a grain of salt.
gabulldawg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I doubt one major battery manufacture's process varies much from the next major manufacture. I judge them by dry weight but, as I have said many times you take the best battery and I will take an average battery...... my battery will out last yours if I use and maintain it more correctly than you.
So buy smart and use 'em smarter
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #18
Juiceman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I doubt one major battery manufacture's process varies much from the next major manufacture. I judge them by dry weight but, as I have said many times you take the best battery and I will take an average battery...... my battery will out last yours if I use and maintain it more correctly than you.
So buy smart and use 'em smarter
Some processes and components are actually proprietary, so you would be surprised.

You are absolutely correct about maintaining your battery.
Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
Doc
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
In my personal opinion, Trojan hasn't gotten worse in quality. They're just as good as they've always been. They simply got a bad reputation due to the 12 Volt batteries Club Car used in their golf cars from 2004-2008. Less cell space, less run time, customer must work twice as hard to stay on top of the battery watering process...... It just created a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth... Their stuff is just as good as it's always been.
Good and valid points...that said, FWIW, I've used Sam's Club 8V's in both of my carts since replacing the original Trojans. For me it was a price consideration as Trojan and their constant price increases is simply unacceptable. Here's the trick...I have 1 cart, my 2000, that I've had Sams batteries in since '04 and they're still going strong. My other cart did 1 better. I replaced the batts in '02 and again, they're still going strong. Mind you, I am a freak about maintaining them and keeping them watered and charged. They have yet to fail me and if they do, I've gotten more than I've ever expected from them.
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car