lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Where do you guys get your parts?

yes you,ll get 25% + on speed and torque and anything else call scottyb...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #12
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

just got off the phone with PQ. looking forward to the rebuild. I have to say, i was really excited about the cart but im getting a sick feeling now that i see how hard it is to customize a regen.
gabulldawg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

well you can customize it just don,t be in a hurry....things like lift and tires won,t be an issue whats going to be an issue are things like controller and parts for speed system....and OBC so you might want to start looking so down the road if you need anything you,ll know who not to waste time with.........or if you are able to find another cart same thing for parts................be very careful if you do the e-bay thing most people have no idea that your cart won,t take the parts they are trying to sell and they,ll be adament parts will work.......they won,t..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

thanks for the tip. so suspension parts are the same be it regen or series? which leads me to another question; a-arm lift or spindle lift? what is the better for a hunting buggy? also, i see 'DS' everywhere. is mine a 'DS'?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A arm is a better ride, hands down. Spindle costs less and is easier to install.

My advice is keep the big tire on the small side. Sepex motors develop lots of heat at slow speeds. The heat problem is exaggerated by tall tires. Sepex motors run cooler at higher rpms... Keep the tires at 22" or less to combat the extra heat.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #16
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

yeah 22 was as big as i wanted to go. im thinking i might make some upgrades and flip this cart for a series. i SURE wish i would have gone that route in the first place. a mistake im sure is made all too often. so the 'DS' thing? is that just electric carts or what?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

DS carts were made 1981 and up, gas & electric, series and regen
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #18
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Welcome. I'm just about finished with my first total rebuild, its fun!
Club Car makes two primary models, the DS and the precedent. Within wach of these they made series and regen. There are also two tpes of series, resistor and solid state. You can find out exactly what you have by entering the serial number in the ClubCar website. It seems that the ds body and suspension of the DS hasn't changed much in the last few decades. Most of the sponsors will make sure you have the right parts for yours.

For the lift the A Arm is probably a little better but the spindle is much easier to install. PQ is by far the best thing to do but don't forget to uprade wires to 4G. The "stickies" (the first and permanent posts) should have the wiring diagram.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, you'll get lots of answers and a little attitude now and then too (but just ignore that).
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #19
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

wow thanks grinch! i wish i had know that about the CC website. Im sure ive been driving guys nuts on here with all my questions. I think i might go with the 7.5 super sport lift. is that worth the money or will a regular a-arm lift work equally as well?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #20
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabulldawg83 View Post
wow thanks grinch! i wish i had know that about the CC website. Im sure ive been driving guys nuts on here with all my questions. I think i might go with the 7.5 super sport lift. is that worth the money or will a regular a-arm lift work equally as well?
The only time anyone gets attitude is if they bring it on themselves.
GBDawg, you won't drive anyone here crazy if you learn from your questions.

I would think a little more about 7.5" on 22" tires. Look around the site at the Club Cars running 22s, most will have a 4" or 5" lift and be plenty good.
Shocks will only allow the suspension to cycle so far anyway.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car