lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 Marathon jerky at slow speed.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/

That's Scotty's website, you can also PM him as he is VERY helpful

The PQ rebuild will run you $225 and will take about 2 weeks as they are somewhat backed up with orders (testifies to the quality of their work that they are in such high demand). As mentioned, you will have to pull your motor and send it to them (typical cost of about $30 for UPS freight). Rick and Robbie are both great guys to talk to (Carlson too if he happens to answer the phone)
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
kriegtb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just so I understand, does PQ rebuild my existing motor or do I basically send mine in as a core? I will give them a call tomorrow to see how long it would take. Thanks again for all the help.
kriegtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #13
kriegtb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

rabbitreborn

I checked the controller and it is a Curtis 1204-001 rated at 275 amps. If the solenoid I have is a 200 amp sounds like I should still upgrade to a HD type. Since I had already upgraded to 4 ga wires, could this have been a potential bottleneck in power?
Old 07-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

definately a bottleneck, but the 200amp peak solenoid has been used for years with the 275 amp controllers without problems. Personally I like the MZJ200 solenoid as it peaks at 600 amps......

Yes, PQ will rebuild your existing motor, you need to let them know before hand that the studs need to be replaced, there will be a slight charge for this repair in addition to the $225 for the reconditioning charge, but they are VERY reasonable in their pricing. It's better to let them know before hand so they have an idea of what to expect when they get the motor in.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey there KRIEGTB,

That is one very fine looking Marathon.

Ya need to start an album so we can see more of it...!

Danny aka: SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #16
kriegtb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks rabbitreborn for the info and the help. I will contact them tomorrow to set it up. I'll try to update the post once I get the motor back.

Skunkville Scooter - Thanks. I will try to get some pics posted of the process.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
kriegtb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok. So I got my motor back from PQ. Installed it along with a White Rodgers HD solenoid. Top speed increased from 17 to 20mph. However, there is still some hesitation in the first 1/3 of the speed/power band. There is still a jerky feeling at lower speed until the cart is up to speed. It is not as bad or noticeable as before the motor rebuild. But it is still obviously there. The pot box seemed to move through the 0-6k range smoothly but I guess there could be some bad spots that would only show up with voltage applied. The only parts left in the system that haven't been replaced are the pot box, controller, and limit switches. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Did you leave the pot in the cart when you pressure washed? If so you need a new one for sure. Maybe check how quickly it jumps up on a meter?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Kriegtb,

Which PQ did ya get and how does it handle the grades now.?

Love your kart man....
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #20
kriegtb
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

scottyb - I did remove the pot box before pressure washing. The only thing left on the cart was the motor, body, and suspension. All electrics and controls were removed. That's why I was sure it was the motor. I still get good speed and decent torque (could be better). I used a fluke meter that has a digital bar on an lcd screen to check the pot box. It appears to move through the range smoothly but could have an issue when under load.

Skunkville - I got the Bandit upgrade. Only took about a week. They did a great job. Big improvement in performance and the control system is not 100% yet. I hope to get an album posted shortly to show the progress. Someone may have to tell me how to do that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO