lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
toolman0114
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Am I in big trouble?

I had my one battery out to discharge it, and noticed one of the cables going to the motor was almost corroded through at the connector, so me, being me figured I would see how bad it is, and it broke off. While reaching under the motor to undo the nut that held what was left of the cable, I was loosening the nut, so i thought. It did loosen a little, but the stud was apparently turning, now after putting on a new cable from the local auto part store the motor doesn't run. Did I break off a wire inside the motor when the stud was turning?
Can my motor be fixed?
I know i need to replace all the cables, but right now I am just trying to get the bugs out of it and order my parts at once.
toolman0114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Am I in big trouble?

With out seeing what you did I would say yes. When you work on any of the cables that have a nut behind then almost always use 2 wrenches. The person that I got my cart from did the same thing and the stud would just spin. Plum Quick has my motor now for a complete tune up.
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
toolman0114
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That is kinda what I figured out after the fact, nut behind = 2 wrenches. Ok, it can be fixed? There is a great electric motor place in town that I have dealt with in the past, for work, and for personal stuff. The motor ran before that, so from what I understand, it can be fixed?
Old 08-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Again, yes. Any competent electric motor repair shop should be able to fix it.
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
toolman0114
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanx, that makes me feel better, haven't have very good luck with anything I've tried to do this weekend...murphy's law wins again.
Thanx again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO