lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear suspension lean

I noticed a signifigant lean on the rear of my cart, favoring the drivers side. This past winter my wife fell out of the cart and it proceeded to roll down a hill and broadside two trees before rolling over. I rebuilt the cart and from a performance standpoint everything is back to where it should be. I have checked the air pressure in the tires and they are even. Visually I did not notice any of the frame being bent when I had the body off and everything removed. Looking at the rear suspension it does not appear that anything is put back together incorectly and the ride seems fine. More of a cosmetic issue that annoys me. Could one of the rear leef springs stretched or torqued creating the sag, possibly during the accident? Any suggestions on what else I should look at or measure? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear suspension lean

Howdy Joe,
Put the cart on absolutely level pavement and measure from the ground up to the center of the upper rear shackle mount bolt on both sides.
From there we can look up or down for the difference...

Also while it's setting level measure from the ground to the top or bottom of the bumper on both sides.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty, that makes perfect sense except I don't know what the upper rear shackle mount bolt is? Is that the top of the rear shock mount? Good to hear from you, hope your well.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well enough to still be in a little trouble with the wife, thank you.

The rear spring mount is at the red arrow... at the top of the shackle plates. It is a frame attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: png ezgo leaf.png (5.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Clear now, thanks. Will probably get to fool with it this weekend around little league schedule. Will let you know what I find.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scott, measured to the two points you suggested, everything equal. With further investigation realized that the rear seat and associated framing must have gotten bent in the accident. Thank you for getting me going in the right direction - as usual.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad I could help. I suspected as much. I know the suspension in your cart is fairly new.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO