lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #1
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I need some front pics...

Does anyone have any pictures handy of the front cowl section where the front roof support bolts onto the frame through the cowl for a txt/medalist? I need to see the spacers, washers, bolts, etc... I have another question, is there a fender washer that sits between the frame and body panel in the section right before the fender well? One of my carts had them and the other didn't.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2014, 03:20 AM   #2
criley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need some front pics...

I just took mine off.

The top bolts have big spacers between the support and the body. The bottom bolts just have two washers. Is this for your 95 medalist? I have the same cart. I could take pics of the spacers and washers but the cart isn't back together yet.
criley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Top bolt should go like this, body, washer, spacer, support.
Second bolt, body, washer, support.
The bottom sometimes has a washer between the frame and the cowl just to space it out for cosmetics. Not required.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by criley View Post
I just took mine off.

The top bolts have big spacers between the support and the body. The bottom bolts just have two washers. Is this for your 95 medalist? I have the same cart. I could take pics of the spacers and washers but the cart isn't back together yet.
Yea, it's for the 95 medalist but it has a txt nose on it. I should have the bolts, washers, and spacers to use as a reference but I didn't get any good pictures of what order they came off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Top bolt should go like this, body, washer, spacer, support.
Second bolt, body, washer, support.
The bottom sometimes has a washer between the frame and the cowl just to space it out for cosmetics. Not required.
Is the washer on the frame that sits between the frame and body panel by the rear wheel well required or optional like the front washer. I'm trying to figure out how it's needed. When I put the panel up to test fit it didn't make a whole lot of sense to have it there, it just would kick that corner out some.

Thanks for the help guys, it's very much appreciated.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
criley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
Yea, it's for the 95 medalist but it has a txt nose on it. I should have the bolts, washers, and spacers to use as a reference but I didn't get any good pictures of what order they came off.

Is the washer on the frame that sits between the frame and body panel by the rear wheel well required or optional like the front washer. I'm trying to figure out how it's needed. When I put the panel up to test fit it didn't make a whole lot of sense to have it there, it just would kick that corner out some.

Thanks for the help guys, it's very much appreciated.
Something you might try is downloading the parts manual from the stickies at the top of this section. You can probably tell from the exploded view what goes where.
criley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sometimes those washer are put in to push the body out against the sill to make it look pretty. I don't think it really is needed. I normally do not install them.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I was wondering about that. I wonder why they didn't put two washers (one for each of the two holes on the same lower side) in. I'm not planning on putting them back in unless there is a major gap issue. Thanks kgsc!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #8
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Can anyone get me the length of the spacers? I seem to have misplaced the hardware bag for the front frame section...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO