lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
cccarts
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 RXV won't run

I have a 2008 RXV and it will not move. The charge meter is the only thing that works and it is almost full charge. Lights do not work, reverse buzzer does not work. When plugged in the charger flashes a red and green led light rapidly. We can not even push the cart in tow or run settings. Trojan batteries were new last year and worked great. They are full of water also. I appreaciate the help.
cccarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV won't run

Do you have a voltmeter? Does the solenoid click when then pedal is depressed? Don't have a clue why you can't push it.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is the brake locked up.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
cccarts
Not Yet Wild

I do have a volt meter but have not check anything with it, I don't know what to check really. And i have no idea why it won't move. Could there be a fuse blown causing all this?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Jack the rear up and see if you can turn the wheels. What were you doing when it stopped? Did you apply the brakes? Does the brake pedal lock when depressed and unlock when accelerator pedal is depressed? Not real sure about this one. Does the solenoid click? If so don't keep pressing accelerator until you find out why cart is locked up. You need to get someone else here to help you with this one. I don't think a blown fuse would cause this and I don't think it is fused anyway. It might be a good idea to check the battery bank voltage anyway but don't sound like it is the problem. Something mechanical.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is a procedure to release the electric brake, it may be a handle on the brake attached to the motor on a 2008. That first year was notorius for electric brake failures.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
cccarts
Not Yet Wild

Was not doing anything before it stopped it has not worked this year at all but worked when parked it last year. As far as I know it does not have a locking brake pedal. I sure did not notice a click when pressing down acc. pedal. The only reason that I was aking about a fuse is that there is nothing electical that works lights, reverse buzzer.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Depending on what harness it has there are fuses under covers attached to the black plastic cover over the controller. May be one of those but sounds more like a voltage issue. With the VOM on say 200 volts DC put the leads on the main wires going to the controller and see if you have 48 volts
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Been parked since last season? Probably brake not released. Locate the solenoid so you can make some voltage measurements if needed.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #10
cccarts
Not Yet Wild

What kind of a voltage measurment am I looking for?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO