lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default short run time

i finally converted to 48v on my 07 modified PDS, i've had the batteries T875 in about 4 months now and am a little disappointed in the run time before needing a charge. I'm getting about 6 or 7 miles out of them then the voltage drops to recharge level around 48 on digital meter after sitting for a few minutes. I'm running an Alltrax DCX 500, HD solenoid, GE 1162 motor with 2 ga wire motor on 25" tires. probably screwed up going to that large of tire.
any idea's? Terrain is fields to logging roads with medium size hills.
KyDog
Kydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
tteckster
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: short run time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydog View Post
i finally converted to 48v on my 07 modified PDS, i've had the batteries T875 in about 4 months now and am a little disappointed in the run time before needing a charge. I'm getting about 6 or 7 miles out of them then the voltage drops to recharge level around 48 on digital meter after sitting for a few minutes. I'm running an Alltrax DCX 500, HD solenoid, GE 1162 motor with 2 ga wire motor on 25" tires. probably screwed up going to that large of tire.
any idea's? Terrain is fields to logging roads with medium size hills.
KyDog
I'd guess improper battery break-in and tall tires equals more amps to move.
tteckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: short run time

You mentioned the pack voltage is about 48V after the cart has sat for a few minutes, The pack voltage will continue to rise for at least an hour after the cart stops.

When I do serious range tests, I let the pack rest for 30 minutes, that allows for the majority of the recover to take place.

Two things not mentioned were the pack voltage prior to the trip and what the temperature was.

The battery pack capacity decreases about 10% for each 15°F below 80°F, so at 50°F, you 170AH pack is only a 136AH pack.

Also, your batteries may not be getting fully charged.
What is the pack voltage after the pack has sat for 12 hours without being charged or discharged?
Should be 50.93V, perhaps a little higher since they are only 4 months old.

------
Looked up Bear Claw tires, they appear to have a max inflation pressure of 7 PSI, so the are most likely a major contributing factor to the dismal range you are getting.

Also, are you running the correct Filed Map for your motor?

Last edited by JohnnieB; 05-06-2014 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: added comment
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO