lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Curtis 1268 Controller

Put a dog gone fork in me and call me done...Flipping regret ever laying eyes on a golf cart. Installed the new Curtis 1268 controller and new 400/1000 amp solenoid today to go with the Plum Quick Executioner motor, 2 gauge cables, batteries and MCOR3 that I'd already installed. Controller install is easy and straight forward and the cart wants to go but barely gets 1 or 2 MPH... I've got a status code saying that there is no speed sender..l checked wire continuity to the plug. Is there a way to check the sender itself? Maybe put the stock motor back in tomorrow...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: Curtis 1268 Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Put a dog gone fork in me and call me done...Flipping regret ever laying eyes on a golf cart. Installed the new Curtis 1268 controller and new 400/1000 amp solenoid today to go with the Plum Quick Executioner motor, 2 gauge cables, batteries and MCOR3 that I'd already installed. Controller install is easy and straight forward and the cart wants to go but barely gets 1 or 2 MPH... I've got a status code saying that there is no speed sender..l checked wire continuity to the plug. Is there a way to check the sender itself? Maybe put the stock motor back in tomorrow...
That may be why. There were so many issues with the MCOR 3 that Club Car discontinued them and started making the MCOR 4
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
That may be why. There were so many issues with the MCOR 3 that Club Car discontinued them and started making the MCOR 4
Be that what it may the 3 is brand new, replaced a 2.... Still had the same jerky chopping of power that I hoped the new MCOR would get rid of, would stop after 4 or 5 starts...
Old 08-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

You sure it's a 3? Where did you get it from?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #5
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have an 08 basically have the same upgrades, not sure what MCOR I have but suddenly I'm having jerky issues. What year is your cart? Is that controller the 500 amp? Is this series or shunt?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:17 AM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
I have an 08 basically have the same upgrades, not sure what MCOR I have but suddenly I'm having jerky issues. What year is your cart? Is that controller the 500 amp? Is this series or shunt?
My cart is an 11 Excel. The controller is a 500 amp. This is a series cart.

The MCOR3 must have been new old stock but is factory CC and came with an adaptor harness and CC papers.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:08 AM   #7
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

The controller thinks there is no speed sensor, that it on the motor. I'd call PQ and ask if there was issues with them.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 AM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My cart is an 11 Excel. The controller is a 500 amp. This is a series cart.
According to the Curtis site the 1268 Controller is made for Sepex carts.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:18 AM   #9
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

There is no thing as a series Excel cart. They are SepEx. If the MCOR came with an adapter harness, it sounds like you have a Gen1 pedal group. Which in that case you would have to adapt the MCOR 3 to fit. Can you take a picture of the STOP and GO pedals on the cart?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #10
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Did some reading and this is a correction to my above post. Teecro, you should have a Gen2 pedal group. Which in that case, you can order an MCOR2, which is the original Precedent MCOR, which has been known to be trouble-free. You can also the MCOR4, which is a direct replacement to the MCOR3. The MCOR4 is a direct replacement to the MCOR3. I would not keep the MCOR3 as it has been prone to fail

It sounds like you replaced an MCOR2 (MCOR3 didn't come out until 2012). So to make the MCOR3 fit, you had to order an MCOR3 conversion kit. Both the MCOR2 and the MCOR4 are direct replacements and should bolt right on

If you get another MCOR2, there is no need for an adapter harness. If you get the MCOR4, you will keep this harness
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car