lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #21
RModica
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Curtis 1268 Controller

I'm looking to buy a 1268-5501 controller , if anybody has one (New )
RModica is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #22
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Only briefly skimmed over this thread but there is an obnoxious issue with the 1268 conversions from the 1515 (excel controllers). Clubcar decided to tie a bunch of grounds together with sonic welds which causes one of two issues with this upgrade.
1) speed sensor fault
2) throttle fault

The issue arises from the fact that the 1268 has current limiting resistors on the high and low side of the MCOR. while the 1515 has a strait ground connection. Since this ground is also connected to the speed sensor's low side putting the 1268 in doesn't give the tach a good ground.

The C position (purple/white wire) needs to be cut away from the rest of the harness and attached to B- directly (or J2 connector on the 1268, speed sensor ground) This will clear up that error.

The other issue is caused by the SOC meter on the dash, it too is tied to that same sonic weld. I have found it actually feeds voltage into the MCOR backwards causing full up position on the pedal to be anywhere from 40~80% throttle. Again this wire from the SOC needs to be disconnected from the system and tied directly to B-.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

All of those issues were discussed in post #11, and the conversion kits come with the necessary negative wire for the speed sensor.

Still a good reminder for folks that purchase the controller by itself.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:08 PM   #24
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Only briefly skimmed over this thread but there is an obnoxious issue with the 1268 conversions from the 1515 (excel controllers). Clubcar decided to tie a bunch of grounds together with sonic welds which causes one of two issues with this upgrade.

1) speed sensor fault

2) throttle fault

The issue arises from the fact that the 1268 has current limiting resistors on the high and low side of the MCOR. while the 1515 has a strait ground connection. Since this ground is also connected to the speed sensor's low side putting the 1268 in doesn't give the tach a good ground.

The C position (purple/white wire) needs to be cut away from the rest of the harness and attached to B- directly (or J2 connector on the 1268, speed sensor ground) This will clear up that error.

The other issue is caused by the SOC meter on the dash, it too is tied to that same sonic weld. I have found it actually feeds voltage into the MCOR backwards causing full up position on the pedal to be anywhere from 40~80% throttle. Again this wire from the SOC needs to be disconnected from the system and tied directly to B-.

Which wire specifically? I have an excel cart (2015, white controller) and there are kinds of throttle accell / decell issues. The moniter shows full throttle at 40% and as you decell it slams to a stop and then jumps (literally) as you try and accelerate. Running a xct500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #25
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
All of those issues were discussed in post #11, and the conversion kits come with the necessary negative wire for the speed sensor.

Still a good reminder for folks that purchase the controller by itself.
As an aside to your always helpful comments that once I corrected the connection issue at the speed sensor and installed a MCOR4 that my cart has been absolutely trouble/issue free for well over a year. Having bought the complete controller kit from FSIP the install really was straight forward and the controller was pre-programmed by them...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #26
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patela2oh View Post
Which wire specifically? I have an excel cart (2015, white controller) and there are kinds of throttle accell / decell issues. The moniter shows full throttle at 40% and as you decell it slams to a stop and then jumps (literally) as you try and accelerate. Running a xct500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like the BDI feeding it. I'm not sure what color it is on the ERIC system..but its the negative wire of the BDI. I would assume a dark color, black, brown, etc. However, I am also not familiar with the inner workings of alltrax...that potting keeps me out
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car