lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
bobg29dever
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 2009 and 2011 Gas Drives which belt

HELP !

I have a lifted 2009 gas drive and it has a different clutch system and belt than my 2011 gas drive . Which one is correct ? The one belts part number is said to fit a G22 and the the other a G29 so maybe the previous owner did some mods on the older lifted cart and that is why it has a G22 belt.

I took the pics so you can see the Belt part #'s and the difference in the clutches ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6810.JPG (107.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6813.JPG (105.1 KB, 0 views)
bobg29dever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
buggybomb
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 and 2011 Gas Drives which belt

Pretty sure the 2007-2013 YDRA's all use the same JW1-G6241-10-00 Drive belt.
buggybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #3
bobg29dever
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

But it doesn't seem like it would be the same belt knowing the one has a different secondary clutch .

I'm sure one of the forum members will recognize the pictures and which one is correct .

This all started because I wanted to give the carts a tuneup but I don't want to waste money buying the wrong belt
Old 11-21-2015, 09:53 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

In my opinion that is a clutch mismatch. I think all the carts that originally had the all-aluminum rear clutch also had the aluminum front clutch (both made by "team", used the JW1 belt). The ones that used the steel rear fixed sheave clutches also used the primary clutch with the steel "hat" (both by "FBT" with the J55 belt). So, im not sure of the real correct answer for your application, except my opinion of clutch mismatch. Heres a link with yamahas official parts breakdown by year, which supports my opinion (for mobile browsers) https://partstream.arinet.com/Mobile...rn_fbkBQ2.html.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:57 PM   #5
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg29dever View Post
HELP !

I have a lifted 2009 gas drive and it has a different clutch system and belt than my 2011 gas drive . Which one is correct ? The one belts part number is said to fit a G22 and the the other a G29 so maybe the previous owner did some mods on the older lifted cart and that is why it has a G22 belt.

I took the pics so you can see the Belt part #'s and the difference in the clutches ?
The picture on the right is the stock configuration. The picture on the left is of the "new" style replacement secondary to replace the troublesome Team clutches. Since the new secondary is slightly smaller in diameter than the original, it requires a smaller belt.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:32 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandbaggerYDRA View Post
The picture on the right is the stock configuration. The picture on the left is of the "new" style replacement secondary to replace the troublesome Team clutches. Since the new secondary is slightly smaller in diameter than the original, it requires a smaller belt.
So, what belt are you suggesting to use? (with possible mis-matched clutches). I will ask yamaha about it, but i think their answer is gonna be "use a matched pair of clutches & the belt for the type of clutches you have". I can also ask the "outside group" who worked with yamaha to get the new clutches right.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #7
bobg29dever
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandbaggerYDRA View Post
Thanks so much I appreciate all the input this forum has given me in such a short amount of time I look forward to resolving my clutch and belt issues .
Old 11-22-2015, 07:16 AM   #8
bobg29dever
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
So, what belt are you suggesting to use? (with possible mis-matched clutches). I will ask yamaha about it, but i think their answer is gonna be "use a matched pair of clutches & the belt for the type of clutches you have". I can also ask the "outside group" who worked with yamaha to get the new clutches right.
I appreciate you checking on this it sounds like you have many resources. Both Carts runs great, however the lifted one with the bigger tires has that clutch set up on the left. It's this cart that struggles climbing the ramps to get into the back of my truck. You can't tell when I'm on flat ground you also can't tell when it's loaded down with the weight as I often have four or five people on the cart ...big people. Both these golf carts live in a campground where there's a speed limit of 10 mph but both these carts do 17 with GPS.

I just wanted to take this winter and give them both a good tuneup including new belts and that's what started the confusion .
Old 11-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #9
bobg29dever
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I know sometimes forum members like to see the carts that are being discussed. Here are my two campground queens. The red, lifted one has the "odd ball" secondary that caused me to post.

Anxious to here back from buggybomb and cgtech and Sandbagger !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6361.JPG (131.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6340.JPG (165.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6342.JPG (154.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

When a "team" secondary goes from bad to worse You can only get the new style JW8 secondary assembly from Yamaha. I was told by Yamaha to use the J55 drive belt with the new style secondary and the stock Team primary clutch. Best is to change out both primary and secondary to the new JW8 style (like on the new cars) and use the J55 belt.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha