lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #101
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EzGo gas 1997 TXT - To Rebuild or not?

Well, I did not start out to go all out, It never does with me. But always ends up that way!

I was working on putting a motorcycle engine in a 2007 Yamaha cart when my brother gave me this cart. I was just going to get it running and sell it to help finance the Yamaha! $1500 and 10 weeks later, Well here I am. LOL I need to stay off E-BAY and CL
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2017, 07:50 AM   #102
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay new problem maybe? Was riding my neighborhood and engine completely stopped. After a few cuss words I realized that Accelerator Ball Joint Socket melted!!!! It looks like it was to close to the muffler. Has anyone had this issue before? I am just worried that maybe my engine is putting out to much heat. Now I have to wait for this random plastic part to show up.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg melted.JPG (15.0 KB, 0 views)
Zypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:06 AM   #103
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Is that off the piece that runs between the engine and rear end under the exhaust manifold?

Mine is very close to muffler at wide open throttle. You most likely just need to do some adjusting, or bending on the linkage.

At some point it must be hitting the exhaust. If you had enough heat to melt that with a good air gap I believe you would have noticed the engine not running correctly, low power, engine getting tight. starting to seize.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #104
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes that is the piece. The engine still sounds louder then I remember , but is running perfectly fine. I was hoping I bent the piece when I put the engine back in or something so I will adjust. Just wanted to double check. It always come down to the $2 dollar piece.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #105
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay new issue!!! So I was taking the muffler off to see why it was so loud when I found out all the bolts had stripped loose. I am going to have to remove the exhaust portion attached to the motor and drill them out then re tap.. A little concerning , but hopefully this will fix my noise issue. The wife refuses to ride in the neighborhood with it sounding like a dirt bike.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #106
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Did the bolts themselves strip or the exhaust manifold strip??

That exhaust manifold is cast iron. If you have to drill and tap it, Take it slow and easy with the tap! If you brake off the tap in the manifold you will be cussing trying to drill the tap out. They are much harder then a drill bit!

If it was me I would get new bolts and see where your at.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #107
Zypher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The threads literally came out on the bolts..... It must have been nasty in their for me to do that by hand. I have always hated drilling and tapping , but cant think of anything else.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO