lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
khut7800
Not Yet Wild

Default Snails Pace

I recently purchased a 1986 Club Car 36 Volt Electric Club Car. The car runs great on the level but slows to a snails pace when climbing the slightest grade. I have to zig-zag up steep grades on the course.
I replaced all six of the batteries , and they have been through approx. 12 use and charging cycles since installation.

Some one at the course suggested that I check that all 5 of the solenoids are "clicking" when I depress the accelerator, I Jackecd the rear whells off the ground aqnd slowely depressed the pedal, I heard 5 successive clicks as the pedal was depressed.
P.S Checking the batteries specific gravity after charging indicates a full charge.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have to improve performance.
khut7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Snails Pace

If the batteries are good, the cables are good,(did you replace when you installed new batts?) and the 5 solenoids are working then the only thing left is the motor brushes
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

even thouigh you say you put 6 new batts in its always possible you got a bad one so start with them after a full charge.........leave charger on till its quits bt itself............than let cart sit about 1/2 hour........check pack voltage and voltage from each battery ( write voltage#,s down ) than load test each battery and again write #,s down.............check cells with a hydrometer and agin write down specific gravity #,s and check all your battery cables if you find one your unsure than replace it....make sure they are all clean and very tight at terminal.............i know this all seems redundant but we find more problems this way that you just can,t imagine................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
khut7800
Not Yet Wild

Thank's Tom
I'll try that
khut7800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1986 club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car