lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Is a Lift Kit Hard?

I want a 3" lift on my 08' Percedent. Are they tough to install? What brand or type have been proven to be good? Is there anything else you need with a lift or are they complete?

Thanks!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is a Lift Kit Hard?

A lift kit from a reputable builder is not hard to install. It will require the use of a floor jack and basic mechanics tools... They will come complete but once lifted, you will probably want bigger wheels and tires.... Some kits such as Jakes spindle lifts REQUIRE bigger 10" wheels. Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

just what scotty says but how do you trust a juy in PJ,s like that,..............lolol..................anyway it depends on brand of lift and who you got it from................jakes is one of the better ones in my humble opinion, my bro-in-law just to save 25 dollars bought some crappy off the wall lift that promised everything including being as easy to install as a jakes lift..............needless to say he got taken, not only was this lift a real nightmare to intall but it also left the cart lean in the back and now he has to every week check is rear end oil as it leaks enough that he has to fill it every weekend..........so much for saving 25.00 dollars.......................bottom line you get what you pay for..................good luck do your homework and make sure you ask these guys any questions you have............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Buy a Jakes kit. Some pieces of advice from someone that has done hundreds of lifts..... If you know someone with a Transmission jack, ask to borrow it as you can stabilize the rear easier when removing the rear springs to put them over the axle tubes.

When I do mine I use an automotive lift and I remove the motor and the brake cables(and the wheels of course) to make the rear lighter and easier to handle. The only "speciality tool you will need is a tie rod seperator. I also install Shock extenders on all my 3" lifts (this may be only required on 3" lifts for E-Z-GO's, someone with more experience on Precedent's can confirm their use on that model hopefully) and the kit doesn't come with them, so either ask the vendor you are buying from or go to an automotive store to get them.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the info! I have always used an ATV jack to change tires ect on my carts. Could this be used for a lift or is a transmission jack better?
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If I were to do one on the ground I would us a Transmission jack simply because it is configurable and not as bulky as a motorcycle/ATV jack. I don't see why you couldn't use an ATV jack , I was just thinking ease of use.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car