lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default club car carryall II coilovers

so filling everyone in on my latest changes to the cart. i wanted the rear to ride smoother so i got coilovers from a 400ex and mounted them into the rear of my cart to allow for a smoother ride and more articulation. it worked! so here is what i did... i put a heim in the front of the cradle and mounted it to the frame.. and then put shock mounts on the axel and mounted a bar across the frame with mounts for adjustment of the shock angles. then in a pan bar to keep everything lined up when articulating. tested it on rocks and mud and even in a pond... it runs and handles great!

finished rear suspension...

rear view

articulating... and yes the battery died..

stuck in the mud... and the truck ripped the rear hitch off the cart trying to get this thing out.. it was sticky mud...

ill post a pic of the new exhaust later then..
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: club car carryall II coilovers

Seems to me I have seen that setup before?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2650.jpg (155.3 KB, 26 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

hahaha yeah scotty you have... i needed something more off road worthy... i wish i had seen that pic before i started mine.. that woulda cut down on the fab time of trying to figure out how to do it! i had foud some pics on truck forums and dune buggy forums.. but nothing on here.. i guess i didnt search it right...

is that one yours? how do you like it?
Old 10-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is my workhorse. You came up with about the same design by yourself I used 50 pages of help from the whole board and the off road forums... here is a link to my build

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...rkhorse-2.html

I do like the way it rides and handles... It is scary how bad it can be... Lots of pics in the build thread.

Keep us posted on your evaluation of that beast.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

checked out your build... having found that would have helped me out a ton on this build... but too bad i didnt find it. but yeah it came out very similar. i dont have the connecting bars though like you do on the sides. and everything seems fine as of now.. and yes i have jumped the cart multiple times and it is still sound... so we shall see...

Tags
coil, rear suspension
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car