lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Snorkel?

Cool, Looking forward to seeing it. This is the intake on my 09 ST. May be an option for you if you get lazy and don't want to build one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezair.jpg (223.4 KB, 17 views)
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

The intake on my Workhorse Honda. I suppose you could run this in any direction. I chose down because I filled it with water washing the mud and dirt off of it after some trail riding Finally got all the water out of the oil.......

essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #13
paintguy83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The intake snorkel for me would be pretty much a safe guard to make sure it doesn't accidentally get a gulp of water, If I ever get that deep lol I deserve a hydro lock! The exhaust is my main target, this last weekend when my exhaust went under it was like I hit my choke, it fell on it's face and that was that. I've got the stock muffler so I'm wondering if I could just cut the little tail pipe up a couple inches without doing any harm
paintguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #14
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Paintguy,

You are right, for the gulp.
But also if you go deeper by accident, the engine doesn't get full of water immedeately and blows up.

In the racecarts we use a kind of box without a lit.(Salatbox or some box to keep vegetables in at he refrigerator)
We build it between carb and KN filter with the open end backwards / away from the waterspray or on the filter if the spray comes from the front like on my cart.
I would do this on yours, Paintguy.
See the pics in my album.

Deep water, so in the water, you have to make the ignition waterproof and all the ventilationtubes shut or better take them higher.
On my Dayhatsu 4x4 are some venttubes on the differentials and the gearbox.
I don't know if they are on the EZGO differentials.
My Dai has also an airbox with a place to catch the "gulpwater"and holds it out of the engine.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
paintguy83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I will have to look at your pics tomorrow on my computer at work. A Tupperware container as a shield sounds like a good idea. My factory airbox has a "horn" or inlet tube on the front as the primary inlet, so I'm wondering if I could just simply slip on an extension to that when I'm in the creek, maybe a piece of radiator hose just to move it a bit higher. But im still having to think of something for the exhaust, I look at it and take some pics next time Im at the folks house
paintguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
clintmatlock
Not Yet Wild

You can def drive these things through water no problem as long as you dont stop, I have taken my workhorse to where water was on top the valve cover and kept going all night at the mud hole no problem, my intake sits right beside my shift knob in the foot well so if it gets that high I shut her down and winch it out.
clintmatlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
Gregad
Not Yet Wild

I am more interested in a intake snorkel to get my intake away from the road dust. I have to blow out the filter daily. I am looking for one that would come up through the engine cover, behind the seat and up to roof level anchoring it to the roof upright.
Gregad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
flyingsquirrel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My friend and I bothhave Yamaha g16s we don't have a problem with slipping the belt but water splashing on our intake and swallowing water. We both tried different snorkel styles to see who's worked better. Both ran like crap. His hesitated to start, mine started fine but no top end. Back to shop keep u posted with pics.
flyingsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #19
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i just ran a snorkel from shop vac hose and up under the roof with a nice filter myself,,runs like crap now..cant adjust the air screw to get it better either..
i think its getting too much air and leaning out the exauhst but not sure..
it ran great with the same filter under the seat but when i added 5 ft of hose it no workie the same no more..
gonna try to restrict the air a lil tomorrow to see if it helps..

sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
Obee
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just got done doing this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/fritz19...lterRelocation

https://picasaweb.google.com/fritz19...andPrimerPaint

Jeff
Obee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO