lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default King pins

This is a heads up. I have a 79 ezgo marathon and was gonna put new king pins in but they dont apparently make them for my year so i bought the 80 & up. I tear one side apart and low and behold the 79 and older are 7/8" outside diameter and the 80 and up are 1" outside diameter. The king pin seals are the same diameter as the 80 & up pins. So i get to go to my local bearing supply store and find 4 bronze sleeve bearings and 2 seals. I wouldnt have changed them but i got my cart from a guy who was a rather large guy who used it at the track and he didnt ever get off of it so it wreaked havoc on the spindles. This is what you you're gonna have to do if you have a 79 & and older cart or find an 80 & up front axle w/spindles. Just trying to help the next guy who has to do this.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: King pins

1fast67, I am wondering if I will be needing to replace my pins/bushings on my 81 Marathon as well. What do you think? It almost looks like something is bent in the front end, but maybe I just need a few new parts. I was going to post a separate thread, but figured I'd ask you as you are already on the subject. The odd thing is, my cart was previously owned by a 83 year old woman that couldn't have weighed more than 90 pounds. But maybe years of use and little maintenance have caused this issue. The tops of the tires are angled in toward the apron, as if a 500 pound person is sitting on it. Any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Driver.jpg (294.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pass.jpg (294.8 KB, 0 views)
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There isnt any adjustment except on the tie rods. Jack up the front end and grab the tire at the 12 & 6 o'clock position and try to move it. That will tell if your pins or wheel bearings are bad.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Blood River1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: King pins

Did you end up getting the king pins at the bearing shop, or did you get the sleeves there?
Blood River1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood River1 View Post
Did you end up getting the king pins at the bearing shop, or did you get the sleeves there?
The 80-93 king pin bushings and seals are readily available. I had to go the the bearing shop for the bushings and seals. 76-79 are smaller in diameter. As far as the bearings go they are 1"small trailer bearings. I took a bushing and a seal with me to get the right ones. They are hone to fit. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO