lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
ezgoing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Relay on Timer Board Power Wise

I need a new relay for the timer board for my 1995 power wise model 28115 G01. Does any one know an online place to get one? Please email me at:

Thanks!
ezgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Relay on Timer Board Power Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
I need a new relay for the timer board for my 1995 power wise model 28115 G01. Does any one know an online place to get one? Please email me at:

Thanks!
We sell them for $95.00

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
ezgoing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the offer. I thought I could just get the relay and not the whole "board". A local guy (Clermont, FL) gave us a deal on the board - $85. I plugged it in and the charger did not turn on. I jumped the relay and the transformer started humming. I thought that maybe I had a bad ground, so I cleaned up the green wire and ground from the ac input and the board. Turned it on and it ran great. Turned it off, put the cover on, plugged it in and NOTHING! Took it apart again, checked for loose connections, bad grounds, etc. NOTHING. Jumped the relay, transformer starts humming. Plug it back to the board - NOTHING. Checked the diodes - good. Checked the fuse - good. Check continuity on everything - good. Plug another charger to the cart - good.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Look for the things that turn the relay on.

In your charger plug there are three wires, one is supposed to touch the other post as you plug it in... see if that might be bent wrong.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
ezgoing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

HI,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked all that out. When the charger was working I think I wiggled the plug (inserted in the cart) to see if that was a loose connection, but maybe I didn't. I'll try it again.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
ezgoing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Everyone,
I found the problem. Didn't need a new board or a relay. Thanks to the suggestion of PhaseTim I took the plug (to the cart) apart and check continuity. The red wire that has the clip on it had no continuity. I clipped on the ohm meter to each end and bent the cable where it goes into the plug's housing. YEAAAAA!!! I got continuity! So I either replace the entire cord or cut it open at that part and repair the wire. Thanks for all your help everyone. I wish I hadn't spent $90 on the new board! Maybe, someone at the golf course will need it and I could sell it for half price and install it for the other half!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

stick it in a zip lock bag and put it in a safe place.. with those boards its not if, its when they will break.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
ezgoing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I test the "old" board and it works fine. Yes, I'll hang on to it. Thanks!

Tags
parts
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO