lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
Tknechtges
Not Yet Wild

Default 2021 Onward Lifted Too Tall

My new 2021 Club Onward was delivered today. It doesn't fit in the garage. We are able to get the cart 1/2 way in and then it will scape the top. It has the lift kit with 10" tires. Website says 81", but we are measuring 83.5" to the top of the scoop canopy. Are there any options other than returning it? We took the top off to get it in to store as the dealer can't come back to pick it up until Wednesday. We've been waiting since Sep for this cart and now it doesn't fit. I never even thought to check that because I've never owned one before and it never crossed my mind. Anyone have any ideas other than get the non-lifted one? Thanks!
Tknechtges is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2020, 10:30 PM   #2
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Default Re: 2021 Onward Lifted Too Tall

typical garage door is 7 feet tall, aka 84 inches
is your garage door all the way up?
assuming you have a garage door opener, there are screws to adjust the upper limit travel
even then an inch of down could have been a couple of guys standing on the back

_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:45 PM   #3
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tknechtges View Post
My new 2021 Club Onward was delivered today. It doesn't fit in the garage. We are able to get the cart 1/2 way in and then it will scape the top. It has the lift kit with 10" tires. Website says 81", but we are measuring 83.5" to the top of the scoop canopy. Are there any options other than returning it? We took the top off to get it in to store as the dealer can't come back to pick it up until Wednesday. We've been waiting since Sep for this cart and now it doesn't fit. I never even thought to check that because I've never owned one before and it never crossed my mind. Anyone have any ideas other than get the non-lifted one? Thanks!
Wow, how disappointing and after waiting so long! Sounds like you only need a few inches to solve the problem. You're correct that the spec height for the cart is 80.5 inches. Why is your taller?

First thought that comes to my mind is what I read about carts being shipped with overinflated tires. The tire pressure should be lowered by the dealership but it does not always get done. So, check the tire pressure against what is noted on the outside of the tire. We can only hope the problem is that simple.

You said you have 10 inch tires. I think you are referring to the rim. Ask your dealer is there is a smaller tire you can use that will still look good and function properly on the cart. But, I'm not sure this is the first step I would take.

I know the Onward has lots of options, including canopies. Perhaps there is one that is shaped differently, thus lower than the one you have.

There was a good thread about this issue with an Onward with some good ideas to fix it. Hope this might be helpful to you:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ower+roof+cart
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

People have fashioned devices that raise and lower the roof supports just for this purpose. Do a search and see what I mean. Otherwise, I'd probably buy a new house.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:46 AM   #5
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Otherwise, I'd probably buy a new house.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:37 AM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Several years ago a member here floated this kind of idea. I see it now has been picked up and offered by at least some of the golf cart part/accessory suppliers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201220_082413 thumb.jpg (137.3 KB, 0 views)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #7
Tknechtges
Not Yet Wild

GENIUS! We checked this today, tires were inflated to 35 psi, recommended was 20! We brought them down to 20, and adjusted the garage door as someone else said, and IT FITS!!

We are beyond thrilled! Seriously thank you so much!
Old 12-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Tknechtges
Not Yet Wild

Worked like a charm! Thank you!!
Old 12-20-2020, 09:24 PM   #9
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a club car Precedent that had the same issue. It has the same suspension in the front and top as the Onward and I had to adjust the garage door about an inch. My top just gets in under the door now.

Funny thing is I built my cart so my issue was in reverse when I went to back the cart of the garage. Had to think about it for a minute but glad I was able to adjust the door.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:31 PM   #10
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tknechtges View Post
GENIUS! We checked this today, tires were inflated to 35 psi, recommended was 20! We brought them down to 20
The fact that your dealer didn’t know this is embarrassing.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garage, lift, onward
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car