lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
bellcody93
Not Yet Wild

Default Can i push my controller further?

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Alltrax XCT 400/500 amp controller from Scotty B. along with a 2 gauged wire set and HD solenoid. I also purchased a 48 volt custom "yellow jacket" motor from plum quick motors. i have replaced the old F/R lever with the toggle switch. As it stands i have increased my MPH from 15 to 28. I have plugged the controller up to the computer and looked at the software. the only thing i have adjusted was the throttle response. the rest of the programming scares the piss out of me because it looks like a foreign language.

my question is given all of this info. Is there anything i can change in the programming of the controller to increase my speed even further?

1996 EZGO DCS TXT
5" lift
23" tires
HD springs
new shocks
2 gauged wires
6 new 8V US Batteries
Alltrax XCT 400/500 controller
HD Solenoid
Yellow Jacket 48V PQ motor

thanks for any and all info!
bellcody93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2021, 04:34 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can i push my controller further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcody93 View Post
my question is given all of this info. Is there anything i can change in the programming of the controller to increase my speed even further?
Sounds like you have an XCT48400-DCS or XCT48500-DCS controller (There is no such thing as an XCT 400/500), but max amp throughput doesn't matter much since the amp draw at top speed will be less than 100A.

If possible, post the settings your XCT is set to. (Screen shot from toolkit)

More speed from programming alone isn't likely, but be sure you have the correct Field Map for your motor.

At 28MPH on 23" tall tires, your motor is spinning at about 5600RPM, which is about the max RPM for a 48V motor powered from a 48V power pack. However, a 36V motor powered by a 48V pack will spin up to and beyond the 6500RPM max recommended for a PQ Yellow Jacket motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax, faster, pqmotor, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO