lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2021, 06:29 PM   #1
Role
Gone Wild

Question Ezgo Express 72 Volt 4X4 - Keeps Blowing Controller Fuse

On an ezgo express 4x4 72v with the Dual 1234SE CURTIS controllers...

I've replaced the 10amp controller fuse and every time I attempt to replace it, I get a serious flash and the fuse blows.

Guy stuck a 2amp fuse as a replacement for the brake diode fuse (thinking it was bad, which is suppose to be 1amp fused diode) when he turned the key on, it blew the controller 10amp fuse and it blew the 2amp fuse.

So he stuck the brake diode fuse back and pulled the blown controller 10amp fuse, and put a new 10amp fuse in, as soon as that fuse touches it blows immediately.. and its almost like a sparkler when it touches the fuse holder contact points and blows.

When I turn the key switch to ON (neutral) and the ammeter does not illuminate or move like it should and the key switch is pretty much dead.

Attached two photos..

Where should I look to try and resolve? Has anyone every run into this problem with the 10amp controller fuse blowing as soon as it touches?

I did notice in the photo that the brake diode fuse was placed the wrong way (the arrow), that has now been corrected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0158.jpg (102.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0159.jpg (151.7 KB, 0 views)
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2021, 07:07 PM   #2
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo Express 72 Volt 4X4 - Keeps Blowing Controller Fuse

?????????????? Anyone ?????????????
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:04 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like a short in the controller unfortunately. No clue other than fuses blow for a reason.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Did the controllers get wet or submerged?
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:26 PM   #5
ebneruh54
Not Yet Wild

Role - did you ever resolve this issue? I am currently blowing 10amp control fuse anytime I turn keyswitch. Thought it was a bad controller, sent to FSIP, both controllers passed all tests and were sent back. reinstalled, changed relay just to try something different, same issues. After hour of troubleshooting we traced it down to white 13 slave and violet 5 slave ports. both trace back to E brake harness. Disconnect and fuse doesnt blow but no power to controllers obviously. Finally got to the brake diode (400v mini 1a)...pulled it, tested on multimeter, and its toast. (diode was oriented correctly which is even more weird) ordered a new diode that will arrive next week and hopefully that gets us running. Came across your post trying to do some research and wanted to follow up since its been a year. Thanks for any intel
ebneruh54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1234se, 4x4, 72v, curtis, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO