lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
williamjr55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default HD Honda GX670 Valve Springs

Anyone had any experience good/bad or? with the HD Valve springs sold by BU?thinkin about installing a set and the degree key if it's worth the effort.E-Mails to their (BU) Tech Dept. simply asking name of Manufacturer has had no response so throwing it out here ..lots of answers here
williamjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
shaneomac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Honda GX670 Valve Springs

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but in my experience most people around here prefer not to support BU.
shaneomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

ARC racing carries some honda stuff...I don't know about the BIG twins. Precision cams does some stuff. I would drop them an email and ask. Precision cams didn't have it on their site but they DO CARRY the Vanguard stuff. Wicked Carts....I THINK he does some honda stuff to. Might check with him. The honda aftermarket is thin.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

thanks roady only after market stuff in the honda we carry is the header/muffler and cold air intake.... the rest of the mods stuff we us briggs stuff
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
williamjr55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Understand the feeling and have reason to agree HOWEVER they seem to be "The Only Port In the Storm" so to speak would perfer to go elsewhere but there dosen't seem to be an else where..understand the lack of hop up add on's and think it's sad but seems out here on the west coast honda is the choice and as I have one.. will live with it.. and hope someone fills a need..my first post asked if the Vangard Springs might interchange got lots of answers to second question about the clutch but nothing on springs...E-mails have been sent to all the "HOT HONDA" sites that have E-Mail hoping to hear from some after the first of the year as that seems to be the time line.
williamjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

i think one reason why the honda is popular on the west cost cause strech plastics advertise the crap out of it... the reason why theres more stuff for the brigss cause they have been racing them in go carts for many years...

honda dosent want you to mod the engines... so we use them for bubget builds and then the briggs for the guys that want to go fast and spend some $$$$$

we give both options to the customer.... they are both great engines....
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #7
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

You can always just shim 'em. Check with EC Carbs, they should be able to hook you up with push rods and retainers too......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!