lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #11
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Dumb Engine Swap Question

They were the size of small Nerds, so it was kind of hard to tell. They did not look to be ring fragments, but that's not to say they weren't. I'd have to tear it down to really know for sure where they came from.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #12
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

NONO, I swapped the 350 ingine out of my workhorse into a regular EZGO TXT. No modifications were necessary and it fits easy. Takes about an hour to do the swap.

PS. If you do this, send his broken a$$ worthless piece of feces engine this way if you dont mind. I'll throw in the cost for shipping too.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Let's not jump the gun here. I haven't even touched the cart yet this season. I have a feeling that, in...say... April, someone is going to need a new engine. Xtreme Fartz may end up with a junk EH-35C out of the deal.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

What the hey I'll jump in here...WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had numeros "14-20 HP" ezgo carts stop by. 350 blocks with 295 heads and cams or nitrous yada yada yada. Funny thing when you run them againts a stock 18 some how they get tied to a stump as the only way to see one is stop and get off and turn around.. I also see alot more 350s that have been rebuilt that need rebuilt again soon, Same thing in Club Car 350 cc. For some reason alot of them don't hold up as well as the 295. And you can set up the 18 so it will run as slow as the stock motor, It will just have more power. Besides no customer in there right mind would want a rebuilt with no or 90 day warranty on a used motor, If you could have NEW motor with 2 year warranty for couple hundred more. And last but not least WATCH LVS as quality and "warranty" are something to be desired...... $1799 no core needed. You could do as we do alot of the time we will install motor at no additional cost and take the old motor as payment. Then sell or rebuild core motor depending on condition and have it on the shelf.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #15
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I'll call you about that.

The 18hp isn't as smooth or quiet as the Robins though. These people want them to be as quiet as can be.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #16
ruredy
Born Wild

I do have to agree with Tom on some of this, I have spent a butt-load of time researching engine hop-ups for the robin 350-295. I came to the conclusion that it's smarter to go with a vtwin upgrade. You can make the robins engine produce more power, you can even change the ignition and get them to run faster rpms, maybe a gear change to get some more speed, but the cost of doing this is really high. with a gear change you can easily exceed the cost of a vtwin in upgrades alone to a ezgo cart with the robins engine.
On the flip side.
There are places that have and sell rebuilts for a lot less than y'all are talking here, the 295's were in the $500 range the last time i checked. The 350's were $100-$150 more, they will even build you an engine. With the new ezgos changing to a different engine I believe they will drop some in price in the near future.

Motors and More
Golf Car Power Products
both in Augusta GA. Have great deals on rebuilt engines
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:34 AM   #17
stuntrider1196
Getting Wild

I just rebuild my 295 and it was a not bad at all just download the manual off here and follow it and you'll be fine and replace ment parts aren't bad in price either, unless you need a new crank. And I got video up of the air ride its all mounted, just got to weld everything soild and put the compressor and tank on and stuff, but it looks awsome.
stuntrider1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO