lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
puller
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default need to know

I just received a new driven clutch from Tom at c.c.p.When I went to take off the old one nothing was holding it on.Doesn't it have a bolt?If so what size bolt?It is on my 1990 marathon.
Ritchie
puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: need to know

Check this thread out, should be about the same. Thanks mb523!!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...go-clutch.html

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #3
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by puller View Post
I just received a new driven clutch from Tom at c.c.p.When I went to take off the old one nothing was holding it on.Doesn't it have a bolt?If so what size bolt?It is on my 1990 marathon.
Ritchie
For the Driven clutch (on rear end) there is a bolt and special washer that holds it on the input shaft.

Feel inside the middle of the driven clutch (if it is still on the rear end), and check to see if the bolt sheared off. If it did not, you may not need the new clutch.

If the bolt isn't there, the driven clutch should slide off fairly easily compared to normal. But check and see if the bolt sheered off... that would be a can of worms if it did.... a lot of precise work needed... the bolts usually don't shear clean, so starting a guide hole for the easy-out is hard to do.

Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-0 View Post
For the Driven clutch (on rear end) there is a bolt and special washer that holds it on the input shaft.

Feel inside the middle of the driven clutch (if it is still on the rear end), and check to see if the bolt sheared off. If it did not, you may not need the new clutch.

If the bolt isn't there, the driven clutch should slide off fairly easily compared to normal. But check and see if the bolt sheered off... that would be a can of worms if it did.... a lot of precise work needed... the bolts usually don't shear clean, so starting a guide hole for the easy-out is hard to do.

Bob

Glad to see you back Bob... Thanks for the info
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
puller
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info.the bolt is not broken just missing.Where can I find the special washer?
puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Howdy Mr.Phillip

Puller, the best that I can suggest is to get it from your local authorized E-Z-GO dealer. That should be the fastest way to get you on the road again.

You will need the Driven clutch bolt, Lock Washer, and the Thrust washer.... those three items. A dealer should have those in stock, if not then their probably a little shaddy

The special washer... thrust washer... is shaped much like a... T ... it helps guide the bolt, and give the lock washer some hardened metal to grip.

Have a great one,
Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO