lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #11
kpauley
Gone Wild

Default Re: Point me in the right direction for troubleshooting

Sounds good, is there a post somewhere or some description on the voltages you want checked? Just want to make sure I collect the correct info :-)
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post
Sounds good, is there a post somewhere or some description on the voltages you want checked? Just want to make sure I collect the correct info :-)
Measure the pack voltage about 12 hours after the charger shuts off automatically.
For a 36V pack, it should be 38.2V, but may be a bit higher with new batteries.
The individual 6V batteries should read 6.37V and all six should be within 0.1V of each other.

After driving the cart for your daily chores, let the batteries rest for about half an hour and measure the voltage.
How much the voltage drops depends on how far the cart was driven and how efficient the cart is, but all six batteries still ought to be with about 0.1V of each other.

Also, watch the Dash mounted DVM type battery meter while climbing inclines. What is the lowest voltage it drops to?

-----------
What make/model charger are you using?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #13
kpauley
Gone Wild

I can't find my voltmeter that measures in tenths right now so I used the new gauge Scotty sent, but it won't measure down to 6V. In any case it was plugged into the charger after she was done last night and I just checked the pack voltage, 38.6V. I'll check it after she does her chores. I did check the batteries in pairs and got 12.9, 12.7 and 13.0.

We have a PowerWise 28115 G01 charger.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #14
kpauley
Gone Wild

OK, got some new pack measurements.

39.1V = Voltage fairly soon after the charger turned off (not sure how long)
43.8V = Voltage while charging after a full pack charge (I unplugged after the above measure and plugged back in.
38.7V = Voltage roughly 12 hours after a pack charge (similar to what was seen the other day)
32.9V = Lowest voltage seen while driving chores / hills
36.9V = Voltage after chores were completed.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is this meter connected directly to the pack or is it reading through the keyswitch?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #16
kpauley
Gone Wild

Directly to the pack.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #17
kpauley
Gone Wild

It's the meter I just bought, the digital one that goes next to the key switch but right now I have it directly wired to the pack.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #18
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You need to measure each battery in the bank individually under different conditions. If you want to troubleshoot electric golf carts invest in a handheld voltmeter so we can hopefully point you in the right direction from more accurate voltage readings.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #19
kpauley
Gone Wild

I have a digital voltmeter (a fluke) it just doesn't measure in tenths unfortunately. I think I have another one around, I just need to find it. Knowing that these are all brand new batteries (10/2014 manufacturer date) and all the other equipment is new, do these readings that I have of the pack seem off in anyway where they should be suspect? And knowing this is a 15 year old motor and that is the only thing that has not been replaced, with the symptoms I have, would it make the motor suspect?
Old 12-26-2014, 12:56 AM   #20
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post
I have a digital voltmeter (a fluke) it just doesn't measure in tenths unfortunately. I think I have another one around, I just need to find it. Knowing that these are all brand new batteries (10/2014 manufacturer date) and all the other equipment is new, do these readings that I have of the pack seem off in anyway where they should be suspect? And knowing this is a 15 year old motor and that is the only thing that has not been replaced, with the symptoms I have, would it make the motor suspect?
Yes and No.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO