lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2020, 10:24 PM   #1
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Looking for a GPS roof mount like this

Anyone ever run across on of these roof mounts with the pockets to the sides like this? They are usually on fleet carts with gps built in for the course. I don’t need the gps or the scree. Just looking for the mount to the roof. I would like to mount my iPad where the gps is.
Need on for a EZGO RXV
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 63A06EBB-5B8D-4028-BE1A-5A212DA48CB6.jpeg (43.0 KB, 0 views)
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
swm63
Gone Wild

Default Re: Looking for a GPS roof mount like this

Dave at Revolution Golf Cars (Site Sponsor) has one similar for the Club Car Precedent, not for your EZGO, but may be able to be adapted...
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also you will need to know what canopy (roof) you have. Just because it is an RXV doesn't mean it has a "factory" canopy. There are hundreds of them where I am and rarely do you see one with a factory canopy. Mine has a Double Take canopy for example.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:44 PM   #4
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Also you will need to know what canopy (roof) you have. Just because it is an RXV doesn't mean it has a "factory" canopy. There are hundreds of them where I am and rarely do you see one with a factory canopy. Mine has a Double Take canopy for example.
Sorry, yes it’s a factory standard canopy. Most of the ones I have seen are on factory standard carts. Looking for one pulled off a cart or new. See them a lot at golf courses in resort areas. Just can’t seem to find one for sale.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:44 PM   #5
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by swm63 View Post
Dave at Revolution Golf Cars (Site Sponsor) has one similar for the Club Car Precedent, not for your EZGO, but may be able to be adapted...
Thanks I will look into it
Old 01-07-2020, 01:53 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you seen one on a EZGO? There are nice ones on some Club Cars (fleet). I think the picture in your first post is one. A quick google search turned up one company selling them as take offs from a fleet. I didn't study it. You would have to adapt it to your canopy. As stated, David would be good source of info if not the parts. This came up on the CC section awhile ago. I can't remember the outcome.

edit: the CC system is called visage. When the carts leave the fleets the system is removed but lots of times the tray remains on the roof. Dave at Revolution might even have some.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

How about something like this ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C5EFFE2F-243C-409C-A32B-BE73A558D122.jpeg (189.5 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:52 PM   #8
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Have you seen one on a EZGO? There are nice ones on some Club Cars (fleet). I think the picture in your first post is one. A quick google search turned up one company selling them as take offs from a fleet. I didn't study it. You would have to adapt it to your canopy. As stated, David would be good source of info if not the parts. This came up on the CC section awhile ago. I can't remember the outcome.

edit: the CC system is called visage. When the carts leave the fleets the system is removed but lots of times the tray remains on the roof. Dave at Revolution might even have some.
Yes, several courses in Florida have them when I go. They are on new carts also. Emerald Bay has them on their new lithium carts.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:53 PM   #9
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
How about something like this ?
I had something like this mounted by the cup holders. It rattled too much. Plus got in the way of drinks.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:02 PM   #10
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

ezgo sells a system TFM but you can only buy the gps and lcd. Can't find just the mount
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO