lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car


Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2022, 04:32 PM   #1
Tom47
Gone Wild
 
Tom47's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingsland, Georgia
Posts: 1,807
Default Comments about your Lithium Battery

Most of you love your lithium setup as much as I do. Maybe some do not love theirs much. Review your pack on this thread listing your personal experiences so others can make intelligent choices. Whether you are happy with your choice or not, let us know.

List your:
1) Brand of battery -
2) Ah capacity -
3) Number of individual packs -
4) Pack voltage -
5) Controller upgrade -
6) Motor upgrade -
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive -
O.D. Tire size -
9) Typical driving terrain -
10) Estimated range on pavement -
11) Average and Top speeds -
12) Likes or dislikes -
13) Additional comments -
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 09-18-2022, 04:37 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild
 
Tom47's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingsland, Georgia
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Most of you love your lithium setup as much as I do. Maybe some do not love theirs much. Review your pack on this thread listing your personal experiences so others can make intelligent choices. Whether you are happy with your choice or not, let us know.

List your:
1) Brand of battery - Eco Battery
2) Ah capacity - 72
3) Number of individual packs - One
4) Pack voltage - 51 , 48 nominal
5) Controller upgrade - Alltrax XCT48400 IQ
6) Motor upgrade - Admiral A-2
O.D. Tire size - 18"
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex
9) Typical driving terrain - Level pavement
10) Estimated range on pavement - 35 miles, with 20% SOC remaining
11) Average and Top speeds - 15 Average, 25 Top speed
12) Likes or dislikes - Fits like a glove center battery space
13) Additional comments -
I couldn't be happier
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:04 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild
 
LukeL's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 6,388
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Ok- Ill try.

1) Brand of battery - Allied lithium.
2) Ah capacity - 60AH
3) Number of individual packs - 2 @30AH
4) Pack voltage - 48 (actually around 53.5 [emoji2] )
5) Controller upgrade - None. Stock.
6) Motor upgrade - Still stock for now.
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex. IQ Club Car.
O.D. Tire size - 18.5
9) Typical driving terrain - Grass and pavement
10) Estimated range on pavement - Id guess around 20 miles.
11) Average and Top speeds - 25ish top. Average around 20. Stock with speed magnet.
12) Likes or dislikes - I really like the setup so far. On the cheaper end for a lithium setup, but a big upgrade from FLA. The weight loss makes a huge difference in the responsiveness of the cart.
13) Additional comments - My next upgrades will hopefully be another battery for 90AH and an AC drive system.

@CP241 tried to get me to buy these things for a couple years. Glad I finally did it [emoji23]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 07:21 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild
 
Tom47's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingsland, Georgia
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will help someone else decide.

Yes, I have heard CP241 is a cousin of Mr. Allied or something like that...

And I'm Mr. Eco's grandfather.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:58 AM   #5
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 380
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

1) Brand of battery - RoyPow
2) Ah capacity - 105
3) Number of individual packs -
4) Pack voltage - 48v
5) Controller upgrade - Alltrax sr48500
6) Motor upgrade - Plum Quick Rattlesnake
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Series
O.D. Tire size - 23
9) Typical driving terrain - florida flat neighborhood
10) Estimated range on pavement - no clue
11) Average and Top speeds - 25 - 36+
12) Likes or dislikes - So Far the Battery has been flawless, it's almost 6mo
13) Additional comments - I like that you can shut it off... it charges fairly quickly... Carts Unlimited C54 Kit
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:30 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 72,369
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Eco 51v/72ah TXT48 2014

List your:
1) Brand of battery - Eco Battery
2) Ah capacity - 72
3) Number of individual packs - One
4) Pack voltage - 51 , 48 nominal
5) Controller upgrade - Alltrax XCT48500
6) Motor upgrade - FSIP high torque
O.D. Tire size - 21"
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex
9) Typical driving terrain - Off the road hilly terrain
10) Estimated range on pavement - 35 miles, with 20% SOC remaining
11) Average and Top speeds - 15 Average, 27 Top speed
12) Likes or dislikes - Fits like a glove center battery space
13) Additional comments - Easy install. Combo kit with charger and DC reducer. Battery is maintenance free, easy to read in dash battery monitor. Great customer support, and more.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:45 AM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild
 
Tom47's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingsland, Georgia
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00 View Post
1) Brand of battery - RoyPow
2) Ah capacity - 105
3) Number of individual packs -
4) Pack voltage - 48v
5) Controller upgrade - Alltrax sr48500
6) Motor upgrade - Plum Quick Rattlesnake
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Series
O.D. Tire size - 23
9) Typical driving terrain - florida flat neighborhood
10) Estimated range on pavement - no clue
11) Average and Top speeds - 25 - 36+
12) Likes or dislikes - So Far the Battery has been flawless, it's almost 6mo
13) Additional comments - I like that you can shut it off... it charges fairly quickly... Carts Unlimited C54 Kit
Thanks for the info. Your speed is great. It would be interesting to see how the usage is on a long uphill climb at high speed.

Your 105 pack has about 85 usable Ah if you use 20% SOC as the minimum. You can use 10% minimum if you like, but I prefer more charge remaining just in case. Plus battery life will be extended if you keep the minimum at 20%.

If you can, take a 5 mile ride at any speed (keeping it fairly constant will give better results) and record the Ah used. Then divide the Ah used by 5.

Let's say you use 10 Ah. 10 / 5 =2 so your average "fuel usage" is 2 AH per mile. With 85 Ah usable, 85 / 2 Ah per mile = 42.5 mile range.

That would mean you have 42.5 mile range but still have plenty of Ah remaining to get back to the barn.

On level pavement at 15 to 18 mph, with 57.6 Ah usable down to 20% SOC my usage is 1.45 Ah per mile. So I have a 40 mile safe range. Due to speed variables, I consider 35 mile range adequate.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:49 AM   #8
AquaLuke
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 67
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

List your:
1) Brand of battery - RoyPow
2) Ah capacity - 160P
3) Number of individual packs - 1
4) Pack voltage - 48
5) Controller upgrade - 500A Alltrax
6) Motor upgrade - FSIP Speed
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex
O.D. Tire size - 22"
9) Typical driving terrain - paved Road/Golf Course
10) Estimated range on pavement - 35+ Miles
11) Average and Top speeds - avg-14/top-32
12) Likes or dislikes - No dislikes
13) Additional comments - Changed the cart into a beast, by far the best upgrade yet
AquaLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:49 AM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild
 
Tom47's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingsland, Georgia
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Eco 51v/72ah TXT48 2014

List your:
1) Brand of battery - Eco Battery
2) Ah capacity - 72
3) Number of individual packs - One
4) Pack voltage - 51 , 48 nominal
5) Controller upgrade - Alltrax XCT48500
6) Motor upgrade - FSIP high torque
O.D. Tire size - 21"
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex
9) Typical driving terrain - Off the road hilly terrain
10) Estimated range on pavement - 35 miles, with 20% SOC remaining
11) Average and Top speeds - 15 Average, 27 Top speed
12) Likes or dislikes - Fits like a glove center battery space
13) Additional comments - Easy install. Combo kit with charger and DC reducer. Battery is maintenance free, easy to read in dash battery monitor. Great customer support, and more.
Thanks, Scotty, Your sort-of partial to EB then?

Just curious about the Uno. Have you been able to get the new one and try it out? If you can, do some data on that one when you do.

Tom
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:00 AM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild
 
Tom47's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kingsland, Georgia
Posts: 1,807
Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaLuke View Post
List your:
1) Brand of battery - RoyPow
2) Ah capacity - 160P
3) Number of individual packs - 1
4) Pack voltage - 48
5) Controller upgrade - 500A Alltrax
6) Motor upgrade - FSIP Speed
7) Series, Sepex or AC drive - Sepex
O.D. Tire size - 22"
9) Typical driving terrain - paved Road/Golf Course
10) Estimated range on pavement - 35+ Miles
11) Average and Top speeds - avg-14/top-32
12) Likes or dislikes - No dislikes
13) Additional comments - Changed the cart into a beast, by far the best upgrade yet
Thank you for your reply. Great data!

I'm curious about something. I know nothing about Ah usage on a hilly golf course. How many Ah's do you use for two rounds of golf and trip to and fro?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Rxv to lithium battery swap battery meter hook up Electric EZGO
Gen IV 48V Accusense - comments/feedback Electric Club Car
Any comments on RXV A-Arm lift? Lifted Golf Carts
Battery Savers - Comments Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.