lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2022, 07:15 AM   #1
mmhoops42
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 Club Car DS - No Power Under Load

I've got a 36v 2001 Club Car DS. When I got it, it was not running and the seller said it just needed new batteries. I know with electrical problems, it could always be something different. It didn't look in bad condition and I'm somewhat handy so figured I would try to solve it.

The cart also has aftermarket LED lights, a winch, a lift kit, and larger tires.

Initial inspection of the cart I found a couple corroded cables, a broken stud on the motor, and just some real interesting electrical wiring. I replaced the bad cables, took all the extra lights and winch out of the electrical system, replaced the motor with increased torque for the lift kit/tires, replaced the batteries, and replaced the solenoid.

If i lift the tires off the ground, the cart will run. Sometimes it takes hitting the pedal a couple times but it runs. As soon as I put it on the ground, it won't go anywhere. I can feel it trying to "jump" a little if I push the cart but nothing.

My current theory is the vglide but I'm really not sure how to test that and I'm just getting tired of replacing parts with no success at this point. Any thoughts/comments/theories are welcome.
mmhoops42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car