lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #11
jackrowe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart temporarily stops after 2 blocks

I'm including a new set of batteries after the new wiring. And since I'm new, I don't want to smoke the new set until I get all the wiring figured out.
jackrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #12
lemked
Not Yet Wild

Also check the small +white wire coming out of the charge plug adapter. It taps into the positive leading to the battery, and goes to the ms on the f/r switch plate. Usually you will have a bad connection in that plug!

Last edited by lemked; 03-11-2008 at 11:23 PM.. Reason: typo
lemked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:09 AM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What year, make and model of cart do you have? Also, what date stamp is on your batteries?
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #14
jackrowe
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tip on the wiring. I'm planning to check/replace all of the wiring and connections before I'm done. Batteries are 1999, so I'm taking a trip to Sam's Club tomorrow. GC-2's for $68 each.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:33 AM   #15
gaston
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrowe View Post
Thanks for the tip on the wiring. I'm planning to check/replace all of the wiring and connections before I'm done. Batteries are 1999, so I'm taking a trip to Sam's Club tomorrow. GC-2's for $68 each.
I would check the age on those GC-2 from Sam's. There is a reason why they are that cheap and probably is because they are old. They haven't been cycled, yet, but that doesn't mean the batts are good. If they are more than 8 to 10 months old, I wouldn't buy those batteries as is like buying batteries 2 years old.

Market lead price today is around 1.30 to 1.5o us /lb, then a golf car battery weights around 62lbs, which is around 80us just for the lead, this is why batteries are that expensive today. Don't be fooled, buy FRESH made batteries.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #16
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Gaston - Thanks for the input. I cannot stress enough what you just said. You CANNOT buy batteries on price! Buy by BRAND, then check price on the same model. TROJAN batteries are the ONLY manufacturer that still uses VIRGIN lead in each and every battery. All Trojan batteries are made with at least 30% new lead. Take a scale with you when you go cheap - price = lead amount. Yes, Sam's batteries work - but not to the full potential of a quality battery...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
Old 03-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #17
gaston
Gone Wild

There's a lot of things people doesn't know when buying batteries, and yes, I totally agree with you on the TROJAN's, by the way they've just renewed their site, better looking.
I sell only TROJAN for golf cars, also have Exide's, of course a little bit cheaper, but as you agreed with me, there is a reason why they are UNDER the market price. I hope jackrowe understand this and don't make the mistake to buy cheap low quality.

By the way, very welcomed to the forum, is nice to have colleagues like you in this forum, this tell how important BGW is getting. Some day I´m planning to advertise my business www.saygolfcar.com on here also and support the forum. We will do it once we solve some issues we're having now.
We are relatively newbies compared with you but trying to do our best!

When we were starting on the business 3 - 4 years ago, I happened to be at your web site looking for your very nice carts! So when I read yesterday you are the new forum advertiser, I say very good! keep it going!

Regards from Mexico.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #18
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the kind words - I cannot stress "You get what you pay for" any more than I already do. Golf cart parts are getting duplicated so much, most buyers don't really know what the're getting. We only sell what we use, yes OEM cost more, but quality means everything to us - that's how we stay in business! Good luck in your ventures, if we can help in any way, let me know...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
Old 03-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #19
jackrowe
Not Yet Wild

Checked the age of the batteries...all are dated Feb 08. Thanks for the input, though. I'll keep all posted on how these work. Noone has posted any experience with any of these types, so I'll be happy to be the test case.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Great! Are you up to speed on how to break in a new set of batteries? I know I am not, but some of our members have had some very GOOD specific instructions for the first few charge cycles. ANYONE?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO