lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2017, 03:11 PM   #1
uchump
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default 2014 StarEV charged but won't move

Hello all, I have a 2014 star ev 36-45f-rw cart. My boys ran the batteries all of the way down and then pushed it home. Finally after charging the batteries (because the meter was flashing) manually we got it to charge. The only problem is now it won't move. Nada nothing when pushing the gas peddle.

Any suggestions to trouble shoot this? I'm going to pull the covers off the solenoid and the motor and check for loose wires today but after that I'm kind of lost.
uchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
uchump
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Re: 2014 StarEV charged but won't move

update: pulled the controller cover off it its blinking a single yellow followed by a triple yellow. What the code says online in the curtis controller manual is M- fault or motor output short.....I'm have no clue what these mean?????
Help

From the curtis manual....
1. Internal or external short of M- to B-. 2. Incorrect motor wiring. 3. Controller failure.
,Check wiring;cycle KSI,If problem persists replace controller

How do I cycle KSI????
Old 07-31-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Have you checked the main wiring for burned or melted cables? As battery voltage drops, amperage draw goes up...way up. Big amps become big heat for the cables which can cook them. Hopefully, it is just a bad cable and not a cooked motor.

KSI? Key Switch?
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
mlj427
Gone Wild

When they pushed it home did they switch the run-tow switch? If not I think the motor acts as a generator and the feed back can blow the controller or other parts.
Good luck
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #5
uchump
Not Yet Wild
Star

[QUOTE=mlj427;1415003]When they pushed it home did they switch the run-tow switch? If not I think the motor acts as a generator and the feed back can blow the controller or other parts.

No they aren't that smart...
Old 08-01-2017, 08:02 AM   #6
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

uchump: What controller model do you have? I have a friend with a Star EV, 48V with eight 6v batts. His controller model is a Curtis 1268. I am only asking because of the same cart model. The 1268 manual says the 1 blink and then 3 blinks is Throttle Sensor Fault. Two different fault defs, so I thought I would ask.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

1-3 is a speed sensor fault, but chances are good its still an issue with the motor. Pull the motor, I bet its bad
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #8
uchump
Not Yet Wild
Star

It's a Curtis 1243 controller with the 1-3 blink code. I talked with 2 separate controller reman co and they say it's a bad controller.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #9
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchump View Post
It's a Curtis 1243 controller with the 1-3 blink code. I talked with 2 separate controller reman co and they say it's a bad controller.

I haven't seen a 1-3 be a controller, but there is always a first. I'm courious to hear the outcome and maybe learn something. Keep me posted
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:16 PM   #10
uchump
Not Yet Wild
Star

update: bad controller. Sent it in and had it rebuilt. Cart runs fine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay