lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Get-N-Series
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default AMD 7126 for a series EZGO real world question .

let me start by saying I have read all the post I can find in regards to this motor and I'm almost sold on it. The stats it puts up for speed numbers align perfectly with my goal however I have not seen anything in regards to the ability to slow creep intermittently following the speed run.

I am currently running a 94 ezgo on 48v(8-6v) 2ga cables alltrax 500 amp controller H.D Rev. Contactor lifted with 23" tires ( measured at 22 1/4") on 12" rims and stock motor. I was ok with the 19-20 mph on flat ground until this week while on vacation my dad was following me on his TXT48 lifted with 500a controller and 22" tires and he didn't pass up the opportunity to let me know he was faster.

I've researched the motors and I know the 7126 is a speed motor and that is what concerns me. in my neighborhood I have room to let her stretch and run WOT almost everywhere. I stay on the pavement with my cart and its florida so no large hills to contend with. The only off road that it sees is a hard packed grass field at the park that I take the kids to, I have other toys for the sand and mud. I just don't want to get this motor installed and find that it generates too much heat when trying to creep while taking the kids to look at Christmas decorations or trick or treating.
Get-N-Series is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: AMD 7126 for a series EZGO real world question .

This motor will not get as hot as your stock motor. At least that's been my experience, all types of driving, with all types of loads. I've carried four adults and I have two additional batteries and a rear seat, which is close to two additional passengers.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
Get-N-Series
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome! My extra batteries are in the rear as well. My passengers typically don’t weigh as much as 1 of them Trojan batteries but I don’t want to limit my passengers to the children either. You cleared up what I was unsure of. I’ve read through questions and answers you and sir nuke have have answered on here but nobody asked about the low speed performance. I can’t run 20+ down the cart paths in the neighborhood might get a little sketch.

So guess I’ll be swapping my motor and adding brakes to the front in the next month or so.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I too am running a 7126, and other than the reversing contactors I have the same set up as you.....I too run on the street most of the time, however, I also do a little off-roading on dirt trails where I need to creep along and have never had any issues in the 5 years I have been running this combo ……. and I achieve a top speed of 30 mph on flat, paved ground.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #5
Get-N-Series
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I appreciate y'alls responses I have a lot more confidence in making the decision on this motor. 30mph top speed would be fine for me, even the numbers you had at 36v were impressive . I live in a large golf neighborhood that has nice smooth 2 lane asphalt with low traffic and long stretches with no intersecting roads due to half of it being undeveloped. so wide open cruising is easy to do and have plenty of room for the steering play. I also have a three mile ride to the club house and have had to make that drive back in the rain so yeah I could work with 30. I just needed to know that low speed was safe as well and based on what I'm seeing here looks that way. thanks again guys.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I too live in a gated, Golf Course based community, even though I don't golf, I use mine more to get to all my fishing holes. That and going to get my mail or going to eat at the club house.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO