lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2021, 03:10 PM   #51
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: State of Charge % incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Here we again trying to get a photo of meter location on my I40

https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...1&d=1616702377

Let's see if this works

Well lo and behold ah dun it !!
Not a bad spot for it. I honestly was trying to imagine a good flat spot for it and that's pretty good.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2021, 03:26 PM   #52
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Not a bad spot for it. I honestly was trying to imagine a good flat spot for it and that's pretty good.
Thanks Atrain...

Thought of placing it near the the forward reverse switch...
then realized that maybe there could be interference with
the f+r switch...

Wire are run along the chasis and brought up under the dash...

Glad you like it...it may be hard to see but the ScottyB meter
was reading 53.1 volts while dash volt meter was 54 volts...
.9 volts more on that particular instance...

The ScottyB unit is my reference point ...

Best wishes friend,
Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:20 PM   #53
mbrown55
Getting Wild

I have dual raypow lithium packs so it would not surprise me if the factory cluster will not be able to monitor the charge. I installed the included raypow led unit in the dash as a redundant check on charge and it also let me know when the batteries are fully charged when it stops flashing.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #54
TheWIZZ
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
Update just now from Terry @ Icon

Ok, after many many aggravating days and nights (WAY too many), and seemingly endless testing, re-testing, and re-testing again, we finally have the answers, and solutions, to the incorrect state of charge meter issues. Most of the information I previously shared was correct, and some needs updating.

Speedometer clusters for non-lifted carts are in stock and available now, and lifted cart clusters should be ready by Monday. Anyone reading this email that needs a replacement cluster sent to them please email me at trekas@iconev.com. Please put "cluster" in the subject line, and be sure to include your name, address, phone number, the type of cart (i40L, etc), and the chassis LTA number from the data plate on the floor near the accelerator pedal.
Thank you, and we apologize for all the inconvenience and annoyance this issue brought. Hopefully this will be the end of it 🙂

Link to group https://www.facebook.com/groups/283409022761803/
I sent an email to @Terry from ICON as noted above about 2 1/2 weeks ago, with no response and no cluster arrived either. Hopefully he just missed it so I pinged him again.
TheWIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:01 PM   #55
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWIZZ View Post
I sent an email to @Terry from ICON as noted above about 2 1/2 weeks ago, with no response and no cluster arrived either. Hopefully he just missed it so I pinged him again.
A buddy and myself sent ours Mar 15th with no response, no cluster either.

I'm honestly not sure I'm having the issue though. They asked for the chassis number and perhaps they already had it resolved with some of the newer carts?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:52 PM   #56
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
A buddy and myself sent ours Mar 15th with no response, no cluster either.

I'm honestly not sure I'm having the issue though. They asked for the chassis number and perhaps they already had it resolved with some of the newer carts?
Terry posted on social media that he was stepping away from handling the customer support side of things to concentrate on helping with opening of a huge Icon assembly facility. He posted the name and email of the person taking over but I can't seem to find that post. Terry did overnight a new cluster to me when he was communicating by social media.
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:10 AM   #57
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
Terry posted on social media that he was stepping away from handling the customer support side of things to concentrate on helping with opening of a huge Icon assembly facility. He posted the name and email of the person taking over but I can't seem to find that post. Terry did overnight a new cluster to me when he was communicating by social media.
Yea, he suggested contacting javier@iconev.com.

ATrain, it sounds like it's truly the newest models so I suspect your cart is fine. My 2019 certainly hasn't had the issue I've been hearing about anyway.
dap247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:32 AM   #58
Idontgolf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the SOC inaccuracy issue since taking delivery of my cart in December of 2020. The SOC would never climb higher than 67%, regardless of the pack showing full charge on a voltmeter and the charging dummy light showing green.

The dealer came out yesterday and replaced the cluster, which has seemed to fix the issue.
Idontgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:00 PM   #59
TheWIZZ
Not Yet Wild

My i40L was in the shop for something else last week and I told them about this issue. They said they could resolve with a programming change. It didn't work. I've tried to send an email to both ICON reps in the threads above. No response from either and no action. Very disappointing...
Old 06-02-2021, 09:09 AM   #60
TheWIZZ
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWIZZ View Post
My i40L was in the shop for something else last week and I told them about this issue. They said they could resolve with a programming change. It didn't work. I've tried to send an email to both ICON reps in the threads above. No response from either and no action. Very disappointing...

I sent another email to the folks at ICON a littl over a week ago and over the weekend a new controller showed-up at my home with a note asking me to send the old one back. Progress! :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon