lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2021, 10:39 PM   #1
schoppy18
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 Club Car Precedent No Power

Hi all, I have a 2012 Club Car Precedent that has no power. Here's the symptoms/things I've tried:
- When cart is flipped from tow to run, while the cart is in reverse, the backup buzzer chimes for 1 second, then cuts off.
- When Plugged in, charger recognizes the the cart but does not kick on.
- So far, I've replaced the MCOR, Forward/Reverse Switch, Solenoid, OBC, the two fused I could find, Key Switch, and Speed Control Sensor.
- Tried to do the weird OBC reset but had no luck.
- Batteries read 50+ Volts the whole time they are hooked up.

Any other thoughts? I'm running out of things to replace lol
Thank You!4
schoppy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2021, 09:35 AM   #2
schoppy18
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2012 Club Car Precedent No Power

I'm an idiot. I replaced the controller, not the obc. Trying that today so fingers crossed
schoppy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hope it does it for you. Those are mighty expensive parts to be throwing at it!
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 01:59 PM   #4
IBTCNR
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoppy18 View Post
Hi all, I have a 2012 Club Car Precedent that has no power. Here's the symptoms/things I've tried:
- When cart is flipped from tow to run, while the cart is in reverse, the backup buzzer chimes for 1 second, then cuts off.
- When Plugged in, charger recognizes the the cart but does not kick on.
- So far, I've replaced the MCOR, Forward/Reverse Switch, Solenoid, OBC, the two fused I could find, Key Switch, and Speed Control Sensor.
- Tried to do the weird OBC reset but had no luck.
- Batteries read 50+ Volts the whole time they are hooked up.

Any other thoughts? I'm running out of things to replace lol
Thank You!4
Any update on a fix?
I have a 2010 Precedent that is doing the exact same thing. I assumed that the batteries had drained over the winter and the OBC wasn't recognizing the drop.
I've googled the backup buzzer chiming for 1 second, with no luck.

Thanks in advance!
IBTCNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #5
IBTCNR
Not Yet Wild

Bump in hopes for a response...

After testing my batteries individually, I found that several of them were "bad". I wasn't sure on the age of the batteries, as I bought it used, so I decided to go ahead and make the small investment of replacing all 6.

As excited as I was after replacing the batteries, all excitement came to an immediate halt, as the problem did not go away.

I have tested the F-N-R switch, and the ignition switch, both were good. After reviewing the expensive parts that were replaced above, I think my next steps are to try the OBC bypass temporarily to rule it out, and then try bypassing the tow/run switch.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?
Old 05-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #6
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Does the reverse buzzer work...You stated that it only sounds for a second...Did it work fine before your problem..

To bypass the lockout side of the obc, disconnect the 6 pin connector from it and jump the blue and white wires on the harness side not the obc side of the connector with a paper clip...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:25 PM   #7
IBTCNR
Not Yet Wild

The cart worked perfectly prior to letting it sit for a couple of months during the cold / rainy weather. When I drove it for the first time, the cart worked fine until the end of my driveway, when it basically died. I tried plugging the charger back in, no response. If I left the cart in reverse, and flipped the tow/run switch from tow to run, the buzzer would beep for a second and quit. Even after replacing the batteries, I wanted to make sure that everything worked, so I plugged the charger in, but it still doesn't kick on, and the symptoms are all the same.

I will try the bypass that you mentioned to see if that works.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:44 PM   #8
IBTCNR
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Does the reverse buzzer work...You stated that it only sounds for a second...Did it work fine before your problem..

To bypass the lockout side of the obc, disconnect the 6 pin connector from it and jump the blue and white wires on the harness side not the obc side of the connector with a paper clip...
You are awesome!!! This found my issue! Thank you so much!!
Old 05-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #9
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBTCNR View Post
You are awesome!!! This found my issue! Thank you so much!!

Glad I could help...You can bypass those 2 wires permanently whichever way you want to do it...Just be aware that the cart will run when the charger is plugged in...It will still charge normally...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 07:54 PM   #10
IBTCNR
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Glad I could help...You can bypass those 2 wires permanently whichever way you want to do it...Just be aware that the cart will run when the charger is plugged in...It will still charge normally...
We Amazon Primed a new OBC. With a 1 year old and 2 year old that wants to drive everything, it wasn’t worth the risk.

New OBC installed in about 15 minutes and we went for an evening cruise.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car