lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #21
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: why is this not talked about more?

Mine are 48V, 50 AH-I have 2 in parallel.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2021, 10:02 AM   #22
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Wiring them in parallel is a bit of a pain compared to Leaf modules. Did you parallel the cells individually or did you use a separate BMS on each series section?
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:14 AM   #23
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a separate BMS on each pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC Batteries 2.jpg (132.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #24
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The batteries would have to be way cheaper for me to consider that setup over my Leaf setups.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #25
emoney
Not Yet Wild

I still think the days of the Leaf cells are past, regardless of pandemic. They haven't made that battery for a while and even the 3rd generation went to a different chemistry. Couple that with the number of people out there using the cells to build batteries for golf carts, solar storage, EV's, etc. etc.

What I do think is on the not-so-distant horizon is a drastic reduction in new cells. We're already seeing the price come down. You can buy an almost 300Ah cell for like $80.00 before shipping from China of course. I just got a quote for 28 x 120Ah new cells (enough for a 36v and 48v battery) for $36.00 each, plus $263.00 shipping to the door. I wish I'd waited and I'm dying to order these, but I don't have a need for them.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:43 PM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

3rd gen is same chemistry as far as I can tell. Still same voltage curve. Different form factor. I have two 7S3P modules in my cart and the performance is fantastic.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:02 PM   #27
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I paid about $1,200 for the two batteries as I recall. BMS were expensive (probably got taken on those). All in all I am very happy with the install and performance.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:31 PM   #28
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
I still think the days of the Leaf cells are past, regardless of pandemic. They haven't made that battery for a while and even the 3rd generation went to a different chemistry. Couple that with the number of people out there using the cells to build batteries for golf carts, solar storage, EV's, etc. etc.

What I do think is on the not-so-distant horizon is a drastic reduction in new cells. We're already seeing the price come down. You can buy an almost 300Ah cell for like $80.00 before shipping from China of course. I just got a quote for 28 x 120Ah new cells (enough for a 36v and 48v battery) for $36.00 each, plus $263.00 shipping to the door. I wish I'd waited and I'm dying to order these, but I don't have a need for them.
I wouldn't buy jack squat from China.. I think you folks buying these batteries from them are going to eventually see lifespans less than half of what is claimed.

China has a very solid, almost infallible, track record of selling junk that doesn't last long and doesn't meet specs.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:28 AM   #29
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

When you cede manufacturing you limit the options :) ymmv
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #30
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

There are plenty of quality things made in China. But I would not buy Chinese batteries unless a US company has them and backs them up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car