lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2021, 08:12 AM   #1
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Brake upgrade options on G22

Has anyone done any brake upgrades on a G22 other than the Jakes front disc kit? With the big block in mine and the added weight I usually have on it, it would be nice to have a little more stopping power, but can't justify the huge price tag of the jakes kit (especially when they don't stand behind their products)
Daubers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2021, 08:54 AM   #2
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Brake upgrade options on G22

Always sucks how few people have G22s! Anyone have anything for an earlier Yamaha? I have heard that you can convert to a set of ford drums in the rear ( maybe from a Focus, can't remember)
Old 05-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

It will take some research but can be done, depends on the fab skills you or friends have.
Do a google search for any small car rims that are a 4" on 4" bolt pattern. Then find that car in a junkyard and rob the rotors, calipers, hoses and any brackets that you will need.
You are usually going to go to a bigger diameter rim to do this.
Is this the direction you are looking to head?

Another option is go on ebay and search "Yerf Dog Brakes" or "go cart disc brakes" there are calipers, master cylinders, rotors or whole kits. You might need to do some fab but some possibilities?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:58 PM   #4
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
It will take some research but can be done, depends on the fab skills you or friends have.
Do a google search for any small car rims that are a 4" on 4" bolt pattern. Then find that car in a junkyard and rob the rotors, calipers, hoses and any brackets that you will need.
You are usually going to go to a bigger diameter rim to do this.
Is this the direction you are looking to head?

Another option is go on ebay and search "Yerf Dog Brakes" or "go cart disc brakes" there are calipers, master cylinders, rotors or whole kits. You might need to do some fab but some possibilities?
I could fab it up but honestly just don't have the time to put into it, but I could see the go cart option not being so time consuming. i will look into that for sure, thanks!

I saw the rear disc conversion for the cart on amazon for like $380. Still pretty steep for all that it is. Wife already isn't happy about the budget into it, and I am trying to build a Nova too lol.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:30 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubers View Post
I could fab it up but honestly just don't have the time to put into it, but I could see the go cart option not being so time consuming. i will look into that for sure, thanks!

I saw the rear disc conversion for the cart on amazon for like $380. Still pretty steep for all that it is. Wife already isn't happy about the budget into it, and I am trying to build a Nova too lol.

Oh Grasshoppa, when will you rearn, A happy rife is a rife that not know of secret brank account!!!!
(In my best Kung ** movie voice)
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:21 PM   #6
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

haha I agree rise one! Most of that fun account just went to building an AR that she doesn't approve of so gotta rebuild some fun funds.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts