lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
imFaster
Not Yet Wild

Default Reverse only while in FNR

Hello all i have been researching the forum for a couple days and trying to find the crayon version of the fix for this. I have looked at the sticky's and im sorry i consider myself a fairly adept wrench but the electrical part just makes me feel dumb....no make the super dumb.

I do know that if i take the reverse micro switch out and then put it back in i can get the cart to move forward properly for the time....after that it seems to stay "engaged" no mater what i do with the FNR switch, so by default i have been just unplugging the reverse switch and using forward only.....well im getting tired of this and would like to fix it.

I am using an alltrax controller,....my third one....the first one failed, the 2nd one torched while on the phone with alltrax support and now this one.

It would seem to me that the switches are working since it does go forward and backwards when manipulated....did i possibly miss a wire to proper place when installing the controller?

I can see there have been a few discussions on this but like i said, i need the crayon version of how to fix, if someone is willing to spell it out for me.

If not i am willing to take it to a shop near me, as i see Scotty b seems to live close per his signature line but i don't know if he has a shop or not.

Thanks vm for reading

imFaster
imFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2021, 03:09 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse only while in FNR

Please identify the cart and which drive system it has.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
imFaster
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Please identify the cart and which drive system it has.
Sorry about that, My first post and i thought it would pull that data in!

Its a 1996 EZGO DCS. with lift kit
Old 05-06-2021, 12:03 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like the reverse micro is sticking closed so the controller thinks it is in reverse. The other one is a run micro. It closes in f and r. You could swap the two and see how that works or just replace the rotary handle with a dpdt switch
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:24 PM   #5
imFaster
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Sounds like the reverse micro is sticking closed so the controller thinks it is in reverse. The other one is a run micro. It closes in f and r. You could swap the two and see how that works or just replace the rotary handle with a dpdt switch
Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what it seems like. However this is a new micro and the cart did the same with the previous one. I have cleaned it with contact cleaner and can absolutely believe its bad but am trying to look beyond that. something tells me i may have hooked a wire up wrong when setting up the controller but i have no idea where to even begin on that one.....

-John
Old 05-06-2021, 02:34 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Look at the hockey puck and make sure it is doing what it is supposed to. It is possible it is out of adjustment.
Old 05-07-2021, 02:04 PM   #7
imFaster
Not Yet Wild

Hockey puck looks good, contacting the Micro's properly. just seems the cart cant let go of the reverse signal once its been tripped....
Old 05-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Check pin 4 on the controller when it is in forward. It should not have pack voltage. If it does if you disconnect the reverse micro does it go away..
Old 05-07-2021, 02:39 PM   #9
imFaster
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Check pin 4 on the controller when it is in forward. It should not have pack voltage. If it does if you disconnect the reverse micro does it go away..
I'll check and post shortly

Tags
dcs, exgo, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO