lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2021, 09:52 PM   #1
Mitch05
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 ezgo marathon

I have a 1990 ezgo marathon I started to revive. This is the first one I have tried to do, I’ve read over the wire diagram and I know everything is wired up right at least from the diagram. But when I put the new forward and reverse switch in, when I put it in gear it sends sparks flying out of the switch no matter if i put it in forward or reverse. Also does it weather the key is turned on or off, any ideas?
Mitch05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2021, 04:19 AM   #2
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1990 ezgo marathon

Sounds like when you activate the switch, it’s dead shorting your positive and negative in stead of re-routing them. Take a pic of the wiring and either myself or another member will have a better idea of what you have going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO