lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #11
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Limited Slip Differential Lock

Chit. I cant keep up with you guys on posting. I talk way to slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
GB can you clarify this 'packing the spider gears' for me? Thanks
Sure scottyb.

Let's start with the EZ-GO spider gears. The spider gear is a set of 4 smaller gears. These 4 gears are set at 90 degrees from each other. Now lets break the 4 gears into 2 sets of gears. One set will not slid at all. But the other set will slide from side to side. This is the gear we are going to pack tight with a alum spacer & two harden washers. By doing this we have now locked up the spider gear. But not to the point that we have 100% lock out. That depends on how tight you pack the two gears. But remember it is best to have a little slippage than to have total lock out.
GarageBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #12
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageBuilt View Post

Sure scottyb.

Let's start with the EZ-GO spider gears. The spider gear is a set of 4 smaller gears. These 4 gears are set at 90 degrees from each other. Now lets break the 4 gears into 2 sets of gears. One set will not slid at all. But the other set will slide from side to side. This is the gear we are going to pack tight with a alum spacer & two harden washers. By doing this we have now locked up the spider gear. But not to the point that we have 100% lock out. That depends on how tight you pack the two gears. But remember it is best to have a little slippage than to have total lock out.
Very interesting! Makes sense, can you estimate the "end play" in a correct set up? Thanks....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Weld = permanent

Bolt on = remove anytime you want...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
bnall05
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys lots of great ideas and comments.
bnall05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:20 AM   #15
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Someone in another thread referred to the Workhorse as having a rear end
that had limited slip, or a better suited transaxle for this.

Is this accuate, how so.. ?

Thanks

Nevermind, I found it.. Thanks anyway.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #16
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Limited Slip Differential Lock

as some one here (mike i think) said recently. plowman now has a posi that looks a lot like b.u.'s but is only $129.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #17
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageBuilt View Post

Sure scottyb.

Are the hardened washers and aluminum spacers something you can get in a kit such as a rebiuld kit. I would like to try this on one of my spare rears. Since I have a Marathon I've been told that no one makes a posi unit for them. From info i've gathered they only fit a 98 or newer rear and I haven't found a newer rear that I can afford.
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #18
John Morgan
Not Yet Wild

there is a posi-trac unit, NEW not used, on golf cart trader.com have no idea who makes it.. building a new elec cart myself that will have wheeley bars to be used at drag races, will need a posi-unit myself... CREW CHEFF JOHN M
John Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
there is a posi-trac unit, NEW not used, on golf cart trader.com have no idea who makes it.. building a new elec cart myself that will have wheeley bars to be used at drag races, will need a posi-unit myself... CREW CHEFF JOHN M
John, we would be very interested if you would start a build thread in Extreme DC so we can follow your cart to the drag strip
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #20
John Morgan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
John, we would be very interested if you would start a build thread in Extreme DC so we can follow your cart to the drag strip
cart will be used to pull drag bike to the line, and back to the trailer after the race.. it will be differient from your every day cart, looking at using parts from a jr.dragster ( small rail ) but it would be neet to see a elct. cart do a wheel stand on the drag strip.. now you have me thinking ???Hmmm ..... just got the cart, still in strip down mode.. just put 15" tires and wheels on wife cart and took lift kit off and made it a low rider a short time back. will post pics. another time... CREW CHEFF JOHN M
John Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO