lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Melex 252 solenoid question

a 1204-001 is like any other 1204. they newer ones do not have an A-1 terminal. there were two wires that went to it. Just bolt the two wires together and cover with tape or heat shrink. If batteries are shot, change everything over to 48 volt and high speed gearing. Look at the solenoid that gets hot. See what VOLTAGE is marked on it. If it says 12 volt and you are getting it to work on 6 volts, YOU MOST CERTAINLY INSTALLED A CAR SOLENOID. THEY ARE NOT MADE FOR GOLF CARTS !!!!!!!! If it says 36 volt, it is faulty and is only good for scrap.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This solenoid has NO markings on it. it was on the cart when I got it. I am interested in upgrading any way so i may replace it. but I do know the difference between a Car solenoid and a cart solenoid. I also know what works for a 12 and 36 V system. If the one I have is bad it will be replaced but if I am doing something wrong you are more then welcome to come up and help me rewire it.
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #13
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I was actually a Melex Dealer between Raleigh and Benson. I have old wiring diagrams, F&R parts, rear axle seals etc. If you are going to upgrade to a 48 volt system, I suggest talking with the folks at D&D motors.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
deanche
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cheeper ? Logitech ? Tell me more, I've just stumbled on another bad controller. Logitech were? how? what model ? Information please ......Deanche
deanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you would like to see our entire selection of electric golf cart motors, this chart gives the basic performance characteristics of most of our motors, on one simple page. We have High performance electric motors. E-Z-GO motors, Club Car motors, Yamaha motors, Melex motors for most golf cart applications. We also have replacement motors with the same performance characteristics as the stock motor. See how the golf cart motor you have, compares to any of our heavy duty electric golf cart motors.

go to this site.

http://www.ddmotorsystems.com/MotorSelector.shtml

Which axle do you have? count the teeth. 12 tooth or 19 tooth. This I must know to look up the correct motor to fit the dana axle.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:44 AM   #16
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry deanche, I mean logisystems, which now appears to be out of business it has been awhile since I bought a controller. I put a 700amp one when I went to 48v. Do a search on them. There may be stock out there or they may re surface.
Joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
deanche
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well Logisystems web page was a bust. So I'm still intrested in controller schematic if anybody has one. deanche
Old 10-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #18
deanche
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If I had the swipe system instead of the solid state controller, I'd stick with it. it is not limited to the voltage you can put on it, and when full on it has no added resistance added to the series circuit of the armature and stator. the one problem might be burning out a coil of nicroum wire do to tooling around to long at low speed. I had 48 volts on my 36 volt melex and it flew..... but then I did't want to burn up my motor,or other components, 42volts might be ok just add some longer cables and a battery to the bag step on the back......deanche
Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #19
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Deanche,

How long did you run your cart @ 48V? I was really interested in doing this but keep hearing that it will weld the swipe board. I only run WOT due to the area I live in and didn't think there would be a problem but want go be sure before doing this.

Thanks.

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you run 48v in a resistor coil cart you will have a meltdown sooner or latter......
Because sooner of later somebody will drive it slow or 3/4 throttle and the this will burn up the speed wiper or the coils or both..... Putting 48v in a resistor cart? Be sure to add a fire extinguisher.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex