lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Empulse
Not Yet Wild

Default MCOR? Speed Sensor? Controller? Cart Runs at half speed. Advice, please.

I try to do as much research as possible, and post as few questions as I can, but this has really got me stumped. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have a 06 Clubcar Carryall 1 : Serial #FD0601-588492

The cart only goes about half speed (guessing here, but 7-8 miles an hour). My first guess was batteries, but with the Lester (ezgo approved, I assume clubcar as well) discharge machine all the batteries are over 7v (7.1-7.3), and the batteries are in good health.

We then went to the MCOR, and using a diagram I found here - how to test MCOR on 04 IQ regen, we attempted to test the MCOR. This is where my concern comes in. . . . Step 6 says to check voltage between the yellow wire (red probe) and the #4 battery negative (black probe), and the voltage should read 0.32v at rest and 4.65v fully depressed. . . My numbers are way wrong, as I get -16v at rest, and then it comes up as I depress the pedal. Am I performing this portion of the test wrong??

The next procedure (# is to test resistance through the MCOR. With the pedal fully up (at rest) it claims 5.67k - 7.43k ohms is normal. I get 7.78k. Fully depressed the book says it should read approx 1k ohms and I'm getting 2.96k ohms.

Do these readings indicate a bad MCOR? The darn part is too expensive for me to just throw a part in there on a hope. . . . I know there is a possibility that its the speed sensor as well, but I'll be damned if I can find a way to test it. . . . Does anyone know the procedure for testing it?? Any advice anyone can give me?

Thanks a ton,
Brandon
Empulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Slats
Getting Wild

Default Re: MCOR? Speed Sensor? Controller? Cart Runs at half speed. Advice, please.

Hi Empulse, I am having the same problem and wondering if you had resolved this issue yet and how. Thanks, Frank
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR? Speed Sensor? Controller? Cart Runs at half speed. Advice, please.

So what is the complete pack Voltage (not loaded) after charger has completed charge and been at rest for 8-12 hours ?
Have U done anything to the cart recently (mods) ?
When did this start ? gradually all at once ?

Here is a little more readable version of the same test PLUS some other usefull test
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IQ_Plus_2008_Testing.5021715.pdf (1.37 MB, 93 views)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
Slats
Getting Wild

I got this from TahoeDawg...
Sounds like a bad speed sensor to me. Try and push the car manually and see if the motor braking tries to keep it from "Rolling away" If the sensor is working, it'll try to slow itself down, if it just keeps rolling, it's bad. Make sure you do this test in the "RUN" position. If it's in "TOW" it will definitely roll.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
bigdmll
Not Yet Wild

My cart is doing the same thing. It only runs half speed and when I'm driving I flip the switch to the middle(neutral position) and it does not try to slow down like it used too. I then plugged in my Curtis programmer/ monitor and it shows a speed sensor fault. Code 18
bigdmll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

i have a good used speed sensor...does yours snap in or bolt in

( look on the end of the motor...it's either round and snaps in or
enlongated with screw in )

pm me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0545.jpg (180.9 KB, 18 views)
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #7
GCCTECH
Not Yet Wild

Usually a bad Mcor give you a jittery response when you throttle up the half speed your describing is the speed sensor. Check the connection make sure the plug is still connected. I have seen then come undone enough to cause this to happen!
GCCTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
bigtlove
Not Yet Wild

what is MCOR
bigtlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #9
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtlove View Post
what is MCOR
It is the black box attached to the right hand side of pedal assembly. Mine is an 09 so not sure of location if yours is a diff model. I'll let you look up what it technically does because not 100% sure. I do know that when it is failing or not securely connected it will cause jumpy or unsteady speed when the GO pedal is not fully pressed. I can see the connections on my model by removing the floor mat and popping up the center plastic piece. Different posters have recommended turning the key off and pumping the go pedal 20 or so times for a temporary fix. Also try reconnecting the connectors and make sure they are secure. I have tried both and they have helped, at least temporarily.
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #10
Slats
Getting Wild

Bigtlove, what is your cart doing?

Tags
clubcar, controller, mcor, speed sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car