lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
broke down
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 cc engine swap

Hi to all i have a 1990 gas club car already lifted with a blown seized motor was wonedering what is is the best option for a clone motor want to go 25-30 mph easiest to install still using pedal start and factory generator thanks
broke down is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
JimShoe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 cc engine swap

Just wondering if you're interested in selling your stock ignition coil and throttle cable.
JimShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
broke down
Not Yet Wild

can prob get rid of coil dont want to get rid of the throttle cable but before anything i need to see what direction im am gonna go with my engine issue will keep you posted
Old 04-03-2012, 03:20 AM   #4
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke down View Post
can prob get rid of coil dont want to get rid of the throttle cable but before anything i need to see what direction im am gonna go with my engine issue will keep you posted
Since you have a CCW rear end this is about the cheapest and most reliable option; http://www.maxtool.com/us/products/XP16HP.asp
More power than standard and with some minor modifications you can use your S/G for pedal start. It isn't going to just drop in though, be ready to drop some more dollars into fabrication etc. Unless your old 90 is in perfect shape I'd sell it and get something newer that runs properly.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
JimShoe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks broke. Whenever you decide what you're gonna do just let me know what you'll take for the coil shipped to 60586. If you could take a pic of the coil and the harness connector so I can be sure it's the one i need that would be helpful. You could email me the pic to Jimshoe00@sbcglobal.net or post the pic here,whatever you prefer. Thanks again.
JimShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
broke down
Not Yet Wild

what does the majority think is a better motor and make for a easy swap the lifan or the duromax 16hp? electric or recoil start?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
what does the majority think is a better motor and make for a easy swap the lifan or the duromax 16hp? electric or recoil start?
Lifan / Duromax are the same thing. Same manufacturer. Electric start is fine and pull start is standard and a handy back up but frankly a complete waste of time if you don't have a roller clutch and a good brake. Check the "big block" section of the site for more information on these engines. There is no real majority on this issue; some prefer simple and cheap, others prefer the CPP approach of drop in power. It all depends on what you use the cart for.

FC.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #8
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
Lifan / Duromax are the same thing. Same manufacturer. Electric start is fine and pull start is standard and a handy back up but frankly a complete waste of time if you don't have a roller clutch and a good brake. Check the "big block" section of the site for more information on these engines. There is no real majority on this issue; some prefer simple and cheap, others prefer the CPP approach of drop in power. It all depends on what you use the cart for.

FC.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
broke down
Not Yet Wild

oredered a 16hp duromax should be here next week now the fun begins of frankensteing it together what did i get myself into?
Old 04-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #10
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
oredered a 16hp duromax should be here next week now the fun begins of frankensteing it together what did i get myself into?
You got yourself into a different world of power. The Duromax will blow your mind off the line, no faster than standard but it can be tuned to do so. Some very simple modifications (cheap) will see this motor pull an easy 4500 / 5000 rpms and retain a whole bunch of tire chirping torque. Big Block section on this site will become your "go to" section. Just yell out if you need any assistance, you are going to love this engine

FC.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car