lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 96 c.c. coil gap

Hi everyone I have a 96 and I need to find out what to set the coil gap at next to the flywheel? Or do I just mount it as close or far away as I can from the flywheel. It's the 295 (i think) Kawasaki engine.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 96 c.c. coil gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
Hi everyone I have a 96 and I need to find out what to set the coil gap at next to the flywheel? Or do I just mount it as close or far away as I can from the flywheel. It's the 295 (i think) Kawasaki engine.
First move is to clean off the rust accumulation around the edge of the flywheel then set the air gap to around 30-40 thou. That should get her done Doc. FE290 btw.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
First move is to clean off the rust accumulation around the edge of the flywheel then set the air gap to around 30-40 thou. That should get her done Doc. FE290 btw.

FC
Thanks Faster, I did clean the hell out of the flywheel but for the life of me I couldn't remember the gap. and I got screwed up on 290 or 295 because I have a 295 ezgo same year also. Hell I get to blame it on OLDTIMERS DISEASE. It's friday 13th so I can forget things today.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

the gap is 0.10 which is the thickness of a index card. I just put it under, bolt it down then pull out the card.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpg View Post
the gap is 0.10 which is the thickness of a index card. I just put it under, bolt it down then pull out the card.

That is correct tpg but I have found that at that setting damage can occur when the rust builds up. The shavings become magnetised and cause sporadic firing issues. On one engine I couldn't get close to 0.10 due the lack of adjustability so I experimented and found that all was working well at the larger gap so I have set them at that ever since.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

at first I set it at .018 and it seemed to have a lot of sparks so I backed it off but still running rough. I reset it last night to .030 and runs great now just have to take it out for a really long ride and see it it keeps dieing after a few miles.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car