lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
arkiemom
Not Yet Wild

Default new Selonoid, still won't move

With some sage advice I received from this forum I'm trying to help my husband who does not do computers get his 1993 Club Car moving again.

Yesterday he jumped the solenoid. And it moved both forward and backward normally. So he installed a new one today. Wouldn't budge, unless it was jump as the old one.

Now we're perplexed. We've read for hours about micro switches but are pretty confused .

Any help you might offer would be so appreciated. The cart is mostly used for transportation around the farm and for my elderly mother.

Husband understands the concepts of the cart, just doesn't use the computer but he'll be reading most replies. Does that make sense? So no need to feel like you are explaining this to me, who does computers but not golf carts.

tia
arkiemom
arkiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: new Selonoid, still won't move

Hi ,welcome to BGW,I' be the first to ask,what is year and model of the cart,36v or 48v,what were the orignal symtoms ..Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
arkiemom
Not Yet Wild

It is a 93 Club Car model #A 9316 32551 (that is the only thing on it that may be a model #)

started a few months ago. At first it would not go forward unless you put it in reverse and went a few feet backward and then it would go forward. Then it died at the garden. (BTW the annoying little buzzer for reverse also does not work any more, which I for am grateful but it might give a clue as to what's wrong with it.)
Didn't have time to pull it in, but in two days it actually started and was driven into the shop. It always seems to drive out but not home, isn't that the way. Now it will go forward and backward with the rear wheels raised and the solenoid jumped. And moves if the rear wheels are on the ground. No clicking noise, just dead cart and dead silence. Husband has volt meter and has tested it and gets 36 volts.
More information on the micro switch on the FNR lever would be most helpful if you think that might be the problem...
thanx
ariemom
Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: new Selonoid, still won't move

Mom-download the wiring diagrams from the stickies,sounds like a micro problem,I don't have the books on the older models,fromwhat I can see on the stickies you have 3 micros on the F&R sw and the one in the pot box,the guys that know more about the 93 will weigh in I'm sure.Dave
Old 11-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: new Selonoid, still won't move

Oh one of the 3 micros at the F&R switch operates that little buzzer you like so much..Dave
Old 11-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
BIGDAWG
Not Yet Wild

is this cart stock, or has it been modified? [ lifted,big tires, big motor ]
you are having a control problem. the next question is does the cart
have a V-Glide [pie shaped black plastic,attached to the frame on drivers
side under seat]

BIGDAWG
BIGDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Do U or your husband have a Digital Volt meter , and know how to use it.

What was going on when the cart originally stopped working ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
arkiemom
Not Yet Wild

so much thanks for all the replies. I'm still not sure what it was. A resistor? is that a thing? any way as luck would have it our SIL's client took something off of it, returned today and put it back on and it's moving along just fine now. I didn't ask for sure as I'm sure I wouldn't know what it was.
He's coming back thursday to pick up some hay,(we have extra and he was in need so it was a good swap as he wouldn't let us pay him. I'll ask him for sure and will post to let you fine people know.

Thanks for your help...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cart is a 36v with v-glide and resistor coils.... I would guess Please research and confirm .... The solenoid works when jumped but not on the activation circuit, Right? Understand that the activation circuit is one positive and one negative to the small terminals on the solenoid... When one pos and one neg are present the solenoid switch closes completing the primary power circuit ( on the large terminals) So test it out with a little voltmeter and see which you have (pos or neg) and which you need to complete the circuit...... all of the little micro switches are only on/off switches for this circut.... their sole purpose is saftey.... they are on or off and so is the solenoid on or off ..... I hope this helps simplify the problem.
You can test and see if they function (ie: Continuity Test)
And test and see if they have power to work with ..... and yes there is one inside the Vglide... LOL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car