lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 Club DS clunking sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorrison View Post
Any news on what, where the problem was coming from
Not yet, family weekend could not get to Northern to get the jackstands.
Have to wait for next weekend
Charlotte515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Any news on what, where the problem was coming from
I called Plum Quick today descibed the noise and he immediately said the problem was the rubber bushing. Seems the 96 models have a different type/lenght output spline and that was the problem.

Even better he is located in the same area I live and said if I would come by the shop tomorrow he would give me a replacement.

Thanks all I was convinced it was a problem in the transaxel and had scheduled a local dealer to come pick it up, no telling what that whole experience would have cost. I can pull the motor myself.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Keep us posted on the final fix too
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte515 View Post
I called Plum Quick today descibed the noise and he immediately said the problem was the rubber bushing. Seems the 96 models have a different type/lenght output spline and that was the problem.

Even better he is located in the same area I live and said if I would come by the shop tomorrow he would give me a replacement.

Thanks all I was convinced it was a problem in the transaxel and had scheduled a local dealer to come pick it up, no telling what that whole experience would have cost. I can pull the motor myself.
Now thats what I call service
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #15
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte515 View Post

I for one would like to know if this is what I (and roady) was/were refering too...

I just gotta know!!!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 Club DS clunking sound? Update

As I mentioned PQ is located near me, I had them pick the cart up to make some upgrades and install the bushing. Got the word today that it was the bushing, never would have guessed, it made a terrible racket.

Now the bad news, got the speed bug after touring their shop.

I have a soon to be teenager so I want the speed but also want a "teenager" switch to limit the speed and torgue.

My solution was to order a Alltrax AXE 650 amp controller. It has a 50% power (amp) reduction circuit that can be wired into a separate keyed switch. My plan was to enable that and also come up with a wedge or block to put under the accerlerator pedal to limit top speed.

So far so good, but when I asked PQ about a motor that would produce around 30mph with a good bit of torgue they are saying that the 650 amp is too much, and could be dangerous in the hilly neighborhood I live in.

Brand new to carts and have already received the controller, what to do.

Last thing in the world I want to do is have someone get hurt but I would like the option to scoot and to dial down the performance for the wife and daughter.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #17
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Well you could sell the controller in the http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/ forum and go with whatever PQ recommends ,
if they recommend anything ???

What is the danger from , Down Hill speed , Up Hill (half torque setting) ?
What ?

This just got a lot more interesting
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #18
Charlotte515
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Well you could sell the controller in the http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/ forum and go with whatever PQ recommends ,
if they recommend anything ???

What is the danger from , Down Hill speed , Up Hill (half torque setting) ?
What ?

This just got a lot more interesting
I went buy PQ's shop yesterday to pick up some speakers that I decided to not to go with, anyway Carson met me there and gave me another complete tour of his shop. He had actually scheduled one of his shop guys in on Sat to finish the cart because I wanted it back this week. We spent at least an hour talking carts, checking out the rear end they are going to use for his 100mph dragster and what I wanted to do with my cart. Bottom line nicest guy you'll ever meet. Turns out I had over emphasized my concern that someone would jump on the cart and stomp the accelerator without realizing the setup.

His son Robby was being concervative and really was concerned that they did not make a cart that got someone hurt. He was trying to convince me that the current setup would be fine.

Another bottom line you can not find a business with more integrety and desire to meet your expectations. Carson is going to build the motor I requested and install the 650 amp. I don't know if their products are the best but I can tell you they won't screw you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car