lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
taylorar70
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Exclamation My electric motor died i need help with what to do with installing a gas motor !!!!

Okay im a young guy i take my club cart off road i really need help my carts motor is done im lookint into putting a new gas motor into it ?? now im pretty good with welding and such so i need to know what to do like what tyep on motor is best what to do .. im 16 so please help me!!!
taylorar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: My electric motor died i need help with what to do with installing a gas motor !!

Welcome to the forum

Why not have the motor fixed?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
taylorar70
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My electric motor died i need help with what to do with installing a gas motor !!

The motor personally doae not have the power and would cost to much.
taylorar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You may find that it costs quite a bit to convert the cart to gas, ie; new rear end, throttle, FnR shifter, etc.
I've never done it but have read where quite a few guys on this forum don't recommend it.
Pick up a used motor, unload the cart & get a gas cart that is more easily modified.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
You may find that it costs quite a bit to convert the cart to gas, ie; new rear end, throttle, FnR shifter, etc.
I've never done it but have read where quite a few guys on this forum don't recommend it.
Pick up a used motor, unload the cart & get a gas cart that is more easily modified.
Thats the best advice anyone can give you right there. Good Luck!
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
Above is GOOD SOLID abvice!

They make electric motors which will climb a tree, but you are still limited to
charge distance (re-charge) .
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car