lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart Weight

whiskyb, I'd like to see your setup with that platform on the back. Is it one of those with the one or two wheels?

The Train 2.jpg
I pull my Jeep behind my 33 footer, and it's a rough ride (jerks) when sharp bumps are taken. Pulls good on fairly smooth roads. Post some pics.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
I'd like to see your setup with that platform on the back. Is it one of those with the one or two wheels?
I pull my Jeep behind mine and it's a rough ride (jerks) when sharp bumps are taken.
I might have read this wrong but if you're speaking about my trailer shown behind my cart it's a Kendon Double Standup Motorcycle Trailer with the support rails for the bikes removed. It weighs 400 lbs. and can stand up and be rolled away having 3 caster/roller wheels attached to the frame, just under the fold down/up platform. Since the trailer came with one heavy steel tube ramp I purchased the aluminum ramps that fold, removed the base ramps from the set and only use the upper portion of the ramps which have "fingers" to rest on the trailer. I drilled holes in the center fingers and use a stainless steel bolt to drop down into the trailer to hold them in place in case they try to slip off.

If you're not speaking about this then please forgive my ramblings.

Ahhh... wasn't mine...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #13
Whiskyb
Not Yet Wild

If your talking about mine its in storage so I have no way of taking pictures. I can describe what I have done though. My 5th is a mid nineties Damon. Heavy old girl with a real solid frame. I used 3/8 plate bolted to the frame much like a car/truck trailer hitch would be installed. Next cut some holes in the plate and ran a piece of 2" square tubing from side to side. Tubing was 1/4" wall thickness. On this I have added three 2" square receivers. The two outside ones I use for my platform and the middle one I can use to tow trailers/vehicles etc. My platform slides into the two outside receivers and hold my 780lb Harley just fine. I would like to add a camera for piece of mind to know what is going on back their. I have seen the ones you might be talking about with the wheels and think they are a great idea. Unfortunately some states consider them as a trailer and have laws against them. Others do allow a second trailer behind a 5th as you probably are aware with you set-up.
Whiskyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car